Chapter 8

*Roman's P.O.V*
I'm so close... just one more strike in the chest and he should be finished... I took a breath and staggered back up. I picked up my sword off the ground and held it as firmly as I could. The dragon was leaning down, thinking I was defeated. I took my chance and quickly held myself up a bit, raising my sword. The dragon screeched and Deceit clenched his stomach, I weakened both of them. The dragon went side to side before finally falling over, I ran so it wouldn't land on me. The rush from fighting and making sure the dragon was dead made me forget... I was... bleeding...
I snapped my fingers weakly and teleported back to the Mind Palace. I immediately leaned into a wall. I then heard Patton say something followed by the sound of running... there was a silhouette... it looked like Virgil. I tried to speak but couldn't muster the strength. All I remember is taking a step to him before falling into him and my vision going blurry, until I couldn't see anything... the last thing I heard was a worried voice,
"Roman?! Ro, please!" it was Virgil... "I love you too much to loose you!"

  "I love you too..."
*Virgil's P.O.V*
I had sat myself on the floor, Roman still in my arms, he wouldn't respond to me,
"C'mon Ro! Please!" I cried as I held him. I couldn't lose him, I just couldn't. I felt someone grab me and try to pull me back.
"Let go of him, kiddo. Logan needs to help him." Patton said with tears in his eyes.
"P-please no, I need to stay with him!" I refused, holding Ro closer to me.
"You can see him afterward, Virgil, I really need to stop the bleeding." Logan told me as he wrapped gauze around Roman's shoulder. I slowly let go of him and felt Patton squeeze my hand.
"It'll be okay." He told me with teary eyes.
"I... I just want to stay with him." I said, facing the ground.
"You'll be with him before you know it." Logan assured me.
*45 Minute Time Skip*
A while later, Logan came downstairs with a hopeful smile on his face.
"I have some good news." He said, I perked up, "Roman is stable and is currently resting, he can't get out of bed at the moment, but you are able to visit him for now."
I immediately jumped up and ran upstairs, my thoughts focused on seeing Roman. All I want to do right now is to cuddle and stay with him. By the moment my thoughts stopped, I realized I was staring at his bedroom door. While opening it I saw Roman, he was hooked up to some things but that seemed to be the worst of it. There was an oxygen tank next to it, "Jeez, what was Logan prepared for?" I thought in fear. I sat down next to his bed and held his hand, he seemed to have 'magically' woken up right then and there.
"Hey Ro."
"Virgil?" He said in a tired but happy voice.
"How are you feeling?" I asked.
"I'm better now that your with me." He smirked.
"Even when you're tired, you are still the dorkiest person I know." I joked. He had loving look on his face.
"I think you forgot something." He told me, winking. I wondered what he meant and looked back at him, confused. I thought for a moment and then figured it out.
"Pff, I didn't forget, Princy." I rolled my eyes and kissed him on the cheek. He started to laugh and pulled me in closer for a long, loving kiss.
*Patton's P.O.V*
I was about to visit Roman and bring him some soup but, I stopped at the door, it was slightly open. I was about to knock until I heard voices again.
"Pff, I didn't forget, Princy." I heard Virgil say before kissing Roman. "Aww! Their so cute together!" I thought. Once they started talking again, I knocked on the side on the door.
"Come in." Roman said in a tired voice.
"Hey kiddo, how're you feeling?" I asked him.
"Pretty good, just... tired."
"What do you expect? You fought a fucki-"
"Language." I warned Virgil.
"-fricking dragon."
"True, true. But I don't care that I'm hurt, as long as your okay." He placed a hand on Virgil's cheek and kissed him again.
"Aww! You two are adorable!" I told them, "I'll leave you alone, love ya, kiddos!"
I set the soup on the bedside table and left, I wanted to be with Logie anyway.
As I went downstairs, Logan was nowhere to be seen.
"Logie?" I called out, "Are you still down here?" Still no response. I decided to sit down on the couch and read for a bit, he's probably doing some work. As long as he's safe and home by dinner, I'm fine. I grabbed a book off the table, he couldn't have one far.