🏃‍♀️💨 Run 🏃💨 (15)

Ippe's conscience called out to him. He was too experienced to make himself this vulnerable on the battlefield, so he pushed himself from the ground to an upright form. As he stared at the hallway while being defaced by cuts, its great size challenged his vision, but he could see specks in the distance coming fiercely at him.

With the rest of the path cordoned off, he had to stand his ground. His arms felt flimsy and much of his body burned with pain. He decided he may need help, so he contacted the war room. But they wouldn't be good enough. He needed someone much stronger.

He glanced at the venus flytrap. He had no choice but to ask the stranger. Cassadon and Nem were closing in. He approached him, but before he had the chance to say anything, the stranger's voice stopped him.

"Don't touch me." The stranger sought to keep his distance.

"I'm here to ask for help."

"What? You were trying to kill me and now you want help? For what?"

He angled his boot and stamped a hole through the flytrap for the stranger to see the threats of Nem's corkscrew whip devastating all that it touched and Cassadon leaping from one end to another, dispensing rushed strips and chunks of dough that expanded instantly to crush their foes below.

Soldiers came from the doorways at the right. As expected, they could do little but they slightly prolonged the inevitable matchup.

"Do you want to fight?"

In the short time he had to ponder, he agreed. And not long afterwards, they were here.

Cassadon landed a few metres from them with a resounding pong of the floor. Nem's fall was more gentle due to the dough that cushioned her foot.

Remember, we work together. Ippe whispered near the stranger's side.

The two groups were face to face; the anticipation of the first strike loomed.

The hooded invader wasted no time. He threw letters at Cassadon and Nem in a near uncharacteristic panic. They froze before hitting them, obscuring their vision. He took a few steps back, doing the same to Ippe before abandoning him, but the divider was still in his way. He looked left and right and noticed he could sneak through the gaps in the walls from the traps sent to stop him.

He rushed in. His chances of completing the bet increased.

Ippe's defences were exceptional. Even his wounds and burns were protected by fibre. His movements were reduced due to damage inflicted from battle and the legendary talisman from the heavens.

Nem stood and readied her weapon. Its curls seemed to ooze tremendous power.

* * *

"What we going to do, boi?" Ees didn't know what to do. Emotions bubbled inside, but he sealed them shut for fear of passing distress to those of lesser rank.

All he could do was yank his tube as much as he could to intensify the Fortress. But he realized that he could pull no more. Ees gave up.

"Soldiers, we failed. Ready your arms for battle." A look of melancholy overtook Ees.

The specialists rushed to the weapons cache to defend themselves. There were a few basic pieces of body armour to use as well. They were never going down without a fight, especially one they felt was for their survival.

* * *

The dough slipped off Ippe's body. His large muscles fostered a tight grip on his fingers to yank it from Nem. There was a failed attempt to grab her. Instead, he tore off a piece of her camouflage uniform and stiffened it with fibre.