Special Mini-Chapter: The Cause Of War

Beings from the Western Highlands felt their individuality was being erased because of centuries of cultural interactions. Their dances, foods, languages, spiritual systems, and more were under threat, and therefore, they had to preserve what they could as a minority.

The Planetary Defence Force was the governing institution of the planet. They never thought they did anything wrong. All they did was some simple trade and maintained order. Also, several members of the Defence Force were part of these same groups. They felt it was an exaggeration they were becoming extinct. Some homogenisation occurred, but it was consensual. To have differing ideologies meant more vulnerabilities to become occupied and conquered. This was all for security. They didn't want to make the same mistake again. Too many lives were lost in kicking out eager invaders with large and organised armies. And also, they didn't want their popularity to decline and be ousted in a coup d'état.

Friction intensified over this pertinent issue, leading to the Defence Force force-feeding nine villages on hunger strike including Nananunu, Gikowak, Huo, Wavavel, and Grafno. This went against their belief in Timed Energetic Cleansing, a practice of emptying the body of things like thoughts, air, and food to obtain balance with the universe. The damage to their cosmic links could be permanent, all from tasty soup and drinks.

The opponents of the Defence Force saw this as an act of violent suppression towards a minority and sought to correct them. Their desire for safety had made them too strict; the supposed shackles required breaking.

This began the Minority War and the rise of the resistance group, the Balmi War Troupe.

THANK YOU FOR READING IF YOU REACHED THIS FAR. IF YOU LIKE THIS AND OTHER CHAPTERS, FOLLOW, LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, AND ADD THIS BOOK TO YOUR LIBRARY FOR MORE BATTLES BEYOND. MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES AS WELL.