Labour (21)

Soldiers covered in body armour with shard rifles—some on singular black sashes, others hovered near them or were attached to their bodies—dashed into the medical area. They and their guns were rigid and in formation. Veil was not aware, for they were asleep to the incoming threat.

Hmmmm. Why are guards surrounding the pod? The question lingered in the stranger's brain.

His focus glued onto one guard, most likely a higher-up communicating with the medical staff. She then ended her discussion and just waited. Are they going to attack us? He was confused.

He felt a little unnerved but nerves were meant to be suppressed. He took count of those he will have to face. Eighty-four was the number of the opposition. The stranger was uptight while keeping aware of his surroundings.

The person he kept an eye on convulsed. His best judgement was that she said something pleasurable and her body reacted in said manner. The being who likely uttered a joke was a quadruped about a metre in width and length. No sound could enter the pod, so bodily reactions were paramount in understanding, which there were a lot, and many were of the ridiculous nature.

There was a rapid decrease of the liquid inside the pod. Such a change in level awoken the trio, and the first thing to grace them once conscious were guards. Bewilderment came as the cover popped open and shard weaponry was immediately on every inch of them. None would stand for fear the shards would fell them. Instead, they were made to lie down with their backs staring into the air.

Their pains and injuries were gone. The blue substance with black beads dissolved on their bodies without the pod containing it.

"Why are you doing this to loyal customers?" Zazavin was recharged and speaking was the first exertion of his body.

"We want the currency drives. Don't give me talk about loyalty when you can't pay the bill." The manager of Pit Stop 1612sh, Garawhal, responded. Her uniform blended in with her midnight skin and her cannon was on a mild hump. Their weapons were operated telekinetically through conscious operant technology. This was generally for limbless beings.

"If you give me a chance to stand, I can ..." Durin wanted to explain but was stifled.

"Stand down. You have used several of our locations before and never had an issue with payment. So why now decide to be inconsistent?"

"Our currency drives were stolen." Teinova's honesty prevailed. She knew that the guards were not so easy to deceive. Also, shards were much more capable than blasters, enhancing the difficulty of any confrontation.

"Oh well, that's bad. You know what happens when you can't pay." She crawled close to them. "All five of you have to work it off. Based on the calculations we've made, it would take three months to work off your debt."

I see. They want to exploit us at our best. "Excuse me, can I make a statement?"
A guard complimented his manners to his displeasure. The stranger had to keep moving. The galaxy was vast enough to move ad infinitum. Like light itself, he could never stop.

The stranger then took a small breath and said to Garawhal, "I'm not with them. I was captured by this crazy blue being, so don't consider me a part of their crew."

"That's fine. All I want to see is a currency drive with the proper amount and I will let you go."

"How much it would've been for my treatment?"

The calculation was quickly made and a total of one thousand, two hundred and seven bits was generated.

He prompted them to check for it in his pocket. As they got close, his battle potential sprouted. The letters that formed over him brought shock and amusement.