Departure (16)

The stranger's grip decreased by the second, so he threw his other arm against the hull. There, he bolstered his hold. With their combined strength, he held on for dear life knowing the probability of a fall lessened.

With starcraft blasts all about, Ippe needed to make a call. Soldiers. Do you have any ammo to fire? The crafts held in captivity were returning to their owners wherever they were.

Nah, sir. We have none. A subordinate looked at an empty munitions container at the edge of Grand Station.

Ippe balled his fist and hammered the ship's control panel.

"Owwww!!" The boomerang ship exclaimed.

"Deal with it."

A large, floating dough ball obstructed the flight path of the craft. It swerved around to not interrupt the capture of his enemy.

"Was that a ship?" Wixin remained calm. He could breathe his own helium.

The growing noise of another penetrated the white flesh of dough. It was Cassadon. She passed him without a care. Her starcraft was too immersed in successive fire.

Intermittent rounds from Defence Force fodder didn't hinder them. Blaster fire and missiles were easy to avoid for the fastest and most combat-oriented starcraft in the Impound Garage.

"Aha, I got them!"

"Got who?" The stranger tried to hold onto his impromptu joyride in his desperate ask.

"My crewmates."

She made a right towards Flor de Mago. Soldiers filled the streets and buildings and gave their all with their flare rifles, but the hull was durable. Her green energy projectiles devastated beings and structures, including the prison facility where the rest of Veil was held, with potent explosions. They persisted until power went out. The force field that imprisoned them flickered and the breakdown of the facility exposed them to the scans of their stolen starcraft.

"Teinova!" The ship strained its communication programming.

"It's Brass!" Zazavin perked up. "She came to rescue us."

It worked. Durin said quietly to himself.

"What worked?" One of the two prison guards felt tension gnaw into his calm demeanour. "This was your plan, wasn't it?"

He and his fellow guard raced to subdue them, and Zazavin, with two fast abdomen strikes, defeated them without the use of carving. Two thuds signalled defeat. The weakened force field made such an attempt simple. This also permeability allowed him to slip through.

Durin's height proved a challenge for him to do the same. Zazavin grabbed him by the tongue and yanked him out. With their leader out, Teinova was the last one. Zazavin was ecstatic by this development, but this positivity annoyed Teinova. She didn't want him to rush her.

As she got out, the door slid open to reveal a dazed La with two guards at her side. With a barrage of blaster fire, a yawn escaped her. But said yawn went over Zazavin and touched Durin instead, creating a window of opportunity to send her flying with the flick of the tongue.

Teinova then doused her with streams of liquid soap from her palms. Many quaint bubbles popped to rock La, but she got herself to stand. With bruises all over, she tried to will a lengthy yawn. Brass, however, would have none of that. In a single ship-mounted blast that ploughed through the falling structure, La was slain.

Her defeat prompted their leave. This was the moment that required them at their most attentive. But for Durin's eye stalks, they began to stoop. He needed a nap.