Lesson 6:The Call I Never Expected

Days have passed now. A week as of today, and my progress is going slowly.

In the beginning, I knew he was going to be a rough student but after actually meeting Prince Jeonghan I thought it was going to be ok. I take that back.

Everything I try to talk to him he would look at me with the same unreadable face and walk past me. One time I just stared at him and followed him around without saying a word. But that didn't go so well he just went about his day acting like I don't exist. Tell me, tell me how many people you know that can actually do that? Not much right, so imagine how I felt when that happened.

But once again Jeonghan barged into my room and layed down on my bed. I sighed since he has done this without fail for the past week. He takes ignoring someone's presents to a whole other level. So, in the end, I just try to ignore him right back.

I know he is sleeping on MY bed right now, but I just suck it up cause that is what a mature tutor will do and I calmly do my work on the desk. Although we don't talk to each other he still insists that this room is his sleeping spot, and my appearance won't change that fact.

I'm not going to lie though, knowing that the most handsome person was behind me sleeping was intimidating all in itself, even if I would consider myself getting "used to" his looks. I occasionally look back to "check if he is still alive" and all that stuff. I stretch and "accidentally" glance in his way, but no alternative motives.

As I was just about to start on another paper my phone started ringing. I startled a little, the room is usually silent so any little noise would be detectable. And the ringing of my phone? Well, that was the loudest sound I heard all day it seemed. I pulled it out looking behind me to make sure that the ring didn't startle him awake.

Once I realized it didn't I looked at the ID and saw it was my mom. I rolled my eyes as I saw that ID. "Why must you call right now?" I said lowly. I thought it would be such a bad idea to take a call in the room for multiple reasons so I made my way out the room, closing the door softly behind me. I released a huge sigh and slid my back down the door and onto the floor relaxing.

"Hey mom" I started looking around at the gorgeous maids and guards walking past me without batting an eye at me. Most castles would have judged me so much for sitting on the floor like I am so close to annoyance.

"Joshua Hong where in the world have you been. I hope you aren't fooling around." I heard her cheery voice say from the phone. That just made my smile grow a little.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom to death and I would give up anything for her. It's just that she has this mom instinct to call and bother me at the worst times possible "No mom I'm not. I'm in the middle of work right now." I said laughing to myself a little.

"Then make some time to talk to me right now." She said as if she was trying to threaten me but at the same time not.

"I already am," I said looking around the halls and then outside. It was a beautiful day, no doubt. No clouds in the sky, the grass is bright green in the garden like always and the gates that surround the castle stand tall reminding me in how much of a wonderful place I got into.

"Good...So tell me anything going on with your life?" She said and I could just imagine her tapping her fingers together evilly. I already know where this conversation was going and I really didn't want it to.

"Nope." I simply said, which I mine as well invited her to just the conversation earlier. And like I knew she would she didn't hesitate.

"No new boyfriend or anything?" Bombshell has been dropped.

My face turned red once she said that as I hastily looked around the hallways to make sure that no one heard that. "Mom how in the world am I going to find a boyfriend when I am trying to figure out how this godly prince will cooperate with me?" I whispered into the phone keeping my guard up.

And as I said that I heard a loud thump coming from the place I wasn't expecting. Behind me.

I slapped my hand over my mouth and looked behind me slowly and got up and off the floor and opened the door to my room carefully. And to my horror, Prince Jeonghan was sitting on the floor right next to the door. "Um mom, I think I need to go now."

"Wait.. Don't you dare hang up on---" I hung up, I know I'm going to have an earful on this later but right now all sense has been thrown out.

I looked at Prince Jeonghan as he got up and pulled me out of the doorway closing it behind me. I was shaking in fear as I thought Jeonghan was asleep so he wouldn't hear the conversation. And I wasn't expecting Mom to bring up my love life, but I knew she was so going to do so. That was the whole reason for having that call outside, but now that I knew Prince Jeonghan had heard me say that I am interested in the same sex, he will tell the king and the same thing would happen as the time in the East Kingdom.

I looked down not bring myself to look him in the eyes, "Please Prince Jeonghan, don't tell the king about this, I will do anything you wish me to do. But don't fire me." I pleaded lowly.

Prince Jeonghan didn't respond.

My heart dropped.

I tilted my head up, to look at the disgusted look he would be giving me but that wasn't the case. The quite opposite actually happened.

There Prince Jeonghan was standing in front of me with stars in his eyes as he gave me a genuine smile.

I looked at him weirdly but his face didn't change, and just as I was about to ask him what was wrong he said, "Are you gay too!!!"

I was blown away by what he just said and I was almost not going to answer him, "Wait...um...yes sir?" I managed to say surpassing my shook for what he said and seeing a face I haven't seen him make. EVER.

"Then you could be the only one to help me." he suddenly started to say like he hasn't just been ignoring my presence for the past week.

"What?" I am too confused to comprehend all this.

"I need you to help me get together with Seungchoel." Another bomb was dropped in my face without warning.