Lesson 29: That Girl

I was stiff I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Let me ask you, if the queen of the center kingdom meaning, the queen of all queens, came up to you and suddenly hugged you. What would you do?

I couldn't carelessly touch her or anything cause that would easily get me a one-way ticket to the royal prison for life if she deems that as harassment. Besides I still had to know my place, yeah I've been somewhat abusing my position with Jeonghan but, I don't know. Maybe I'm just lowering my guard cause we are so close in age.

I was desperate for help so I looked over her shoulder at Jeonghan with pleading eyes and mouthing "help" as he laughed. He made his way to me and pulled the Queen off of me. She pouted, the same face Jeonghan usually makes with Dino. "How come you didn't hug back?" She complained

"Ah...um" I didn't know how to react. She isn't like her husband, the king where he doesn't seem to care about formalities. She is definitely still different from other queens I've met but there was something about her that put me on guard.

On second thought though, didn't Jeonghan mention that his mother was a revolutionary leader or something like that. I looked at the queen over, she was wearing pants. I was taken aback a little when I realized this, all the queens I've met wouldn't be caught dead without a dress or at least a skirt.

Way am I even shocked by this royal family at this point?

"Mother your the queen and Joshua insist on keeping a proper business distance with us." Jeonghan said but under his breath, he said, "Well apparently not with me though."

"No way!!!" The queen said grabbing Jeonghan roughly as she pulled him to the side and whispered something in his ears I couldn't make out.

I was looking at their back when I also noticed that the queen had a belt that seemed to look like one of those spy belts with different gadgets in it. I thought, "Wow this queen is badass. Ah now thinking about it maybe that's why Jeonghan is so athletic when he doesn't do anything."

I was standing there awkwardly not sure what to do since I couldn't just barge in on their private discussion of whatever they were talking about. "Hey Merian come on we have to go." I heard a voice saung walking towards us.

I looked at the girl that was calling for the queen I suppose. She has long flowy brown hair, big bright eyes that glared and frowned at the queen as she approached. She was also wearing the same outfit.

Once she got to the queen she bopped the top of her head making the queen let go of Jeonghan.

My eyes were about to fall out of their sockets. I did not see correctly, right? That girl just punched the queen in the head without a second thought.

I stared at the girl shocked. But for some reason the more I looked at her the more she reminded me of someone. I kept my stare at her as she bickered with the queen arguing about not having my time left. That voice also sounds familiar.

I looked at her even more intensely and it finally clicked who she resembled. She reminded me of her. No, it can't be, what twisted up logic would that make.

No way she reminded me of her in a more grown-up version or rather looks exactly like...my sister.

My sister was still stuck in that terrible place, by herself. I was working my way to be able to save her, so that can't be. I was almost there.

Jeonghan shook me a little, "Hey Joshua is ok?" I nodded slowly still keeping my eyes set on that girl, that girl that couldn't possibly be my little sister. I could feel Jeonghan glare at the side of my face, I don't know why. Ahh I guess this could be interpreted as another way.

I turned to Jeonghan and noticed him looking down in defeat and seemed to be about to cry. I quickly grabbed Jeonghan's hand tightly as I pulled him to the queen and that girl slowly. Jeonghan tried to get out of my grip but I made sure he didn't.

As I was walking towards them as they continued to bicker amongst themselves they noticed me coming closer to them. The girl looked at me, she studied my face.

We kept eye contact for a long time as the queen and Jeonghan looked a the two of us. Jeonghan didn't want to see this, I am 100% certain he is misunderstanding this completely.

"Joshua?" the girl said.

No no no this can't possibly be happening. No, there is no way, zero chance this is happening. It must be a dream, yes it must be a dream. I closed my eyes and reopened them but she was still there.

I felt the tears coming, my vision becoming blurry as my body started to uncontrollably shake. My nose was running as I pulled Jeonghan into a tight hug to hide my face. He was shocked at this sudden gesture hesitantly wrapping his arms around me.

"Um..." He said possibly the most confused he has ever been.

I gripped the shirt that I lent him earlier in the day and whispered, "It's her."

"What," Jeonghan said trying to understand what is going on.

I tightened mt grip on him as I said it a little louder, "She is my sister Jeonghan."

Jeonghan was still, he didn't say anything but I did notice that his shoulder lowered and he leaning into the hug more.

I pulled my head off of Joenghan's now wet shoulder with tears still streaming down my cheeks. "Jeonghan that is my sister, Joana."