Lesson 14: Can I Join?

The king and the royal advisor are here and were just staring oddly at me. I was trying to get out of Jeonghan's monster grip but, I couldn't get him to bung one bit. "Hahaha, tight grip he has." I joked around. I couldn't help but start digging a hole for my grave in my head. I am honestly so glad that this castle isn't cookie-cutter, normally those two wouldn't even bat an eye in firing me on the spot. I honestly don't know what is better at the moment though, just guess what they said instead. Well, rather than they guess what the king suggested.

"Um... what in the world happened?" He started off looking between us and a smile slowly formed on his face, "I want to join!!" The king said excitedly. Let me repeat that, the king said that.

He wasn't even kidding about that, he was actually getting ready to jump on the bed when I put my hands out to stop him. He stopped and looked at me weirdly, "You don't want me to join." He put on his puppy dog face and my heart instantly melted. He was just that drop-dead gorgeous in a mature but kiddish way if that even makes any sense at all.

I sighed as I leaned against the bed frame with Jeonghan still gripping my arm like it was his last lifeline. I turned back to make eye contact with the King and when I saw the king's face he was seriously saddened. I realized too late, making the room have an awkward silence.

A hero, a knight in shining armor came to save me though. I had no gut to reject the king and I can't really do so regarding my line of work too. So, hopefully, I will be saved from having to answer in a way that I really didn't want to. "You better not," Seungcheol said to him. But at the same time, it sounded like he was referring to something else, not helping me.

I hurriedly turned to the still sleeping Jeonghan and told him "Get up now, the king is here!!!" while shaking my arm furiously.

"Ten more minutes." He groaned not seeming to release me. "And Seungcheol" I also added thinking this might do the trick.

And just like that, his eyes popped open and he looked straight at me with dead red eyes. "No way he can't be here. Why is he here?" He asked. You don't know how hard I was trying to keep in my laugh right now. With the king and advisor right in front of us and I had to act as much like a tutor at the moment. Then again a normal tutor wouldn't be in this situation, would they? Bad Joshua. Terrible.

So I did the most mature thing I can do at the moment, "I don't know, how about you ask him yourself." I said pointing at him making him turn away from me so I can let out a little giggle into my shoulder.

Jeonghan took one glance at Seungcheol and his hands suddenly disappeared from my body.

Jeonghan rubbed his eyes a little and did a mini clean up and turned to the two, but mainly focusing on one person, "Oh what a lovely visit we have here. If you don't mind me asking what are you doing here S coups?"

"Yeah, and I am just a tree to you." The king pouted, clearly showing his frustration in his own son not paying him attention. The king turned around and just stared out the window like some sad puppy that hasn't seen his owner in years.

Seunchoel looked behind him and seemed concerned for a second but, instantly changed back chopping the king on top of the head. He then turned back towards Prince Jeonghan and pointed at the king, "The king wanted to see how you two were getting along and I guess I can at least see you guys are...um...getting along pretty well." he said looking between us.

My face became red as Jeonghan laughed awkwardly hitting me on the shoulder hard. "We are getting along like really well, really really well. Um... I mean not that well just a regular student and teacher relationship well. Yeah. That. Definitely not anything more of course." Prince Jeonghan kept on blabbing.

He was nervous. I am pretty sure that everyone in the room can tell.

I shook my head and just got out of bed trying to fix this very awkward situation. "So um... your highness if you were worried by any chance that we weren't getting along... Prince Jeonghan and I managed to work things out that helped both of us learn more about each other and ourselves."I said smiling to myself.

The king turned around to finally face me and smiled. He walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder smiling and said, "That's great so come on you two let's go have breakfast."

The king said looking back at Jeonghan with a different look that seemed like everyone in the room understood beside me. Everyone nodded in unison beside me of course, as Jeonghan's nervousness subsided and he tapped on my shoulder for me to follow him.

I silently followed him as I was dying to ask what was going on but, I should wait until the right time. The whole walk was silent, you can drop a pin and still hear it as clear as ever. My curiosity was eating at me so much. "Prince Jeonghan what are we doi---"

"You will see once we get there and he comes." The prince said so vaguely.

I was brought to a grand dining room lined with sunflowers everywhere and a long back table with white chairs outlining the table. I know it might sound really bad right now if I say it out loud but, this is my first time being in here. Cause to be fully honest, even though I was a royal tutor for the royalty they still didn't see me as anything more than a fancier version of a peasant or lower class. They wouldn't invite me to eat with them, and I guess out of habit I did that at this place too.

We all sat down, the king, advisor, Jeonghan, and me. Then suddenly like on cue a herd of chefs spontaneously exited from the kitchen bring in lots of plates filled with delicious food. I thanked them and was surprisingly surprised, well at this point not too surprised, the king and prince thanked them as I did. The first time I've seen royalty thank chefs for their hard work in making their food. I wish this wasn't the first time I witnessed this though.

We were eating silently but, then the entrance opened. Everyone stopped eating to look at the door slowly open. I shocked to see a boy coming in with a big but nervous smile. I heard a huge gasp and in a flash Jeonghan went running to this boy yelling "Dino!!!"