Lesson 19: Vernon the Head Guard

When we finally made it to the wealthy area of the village, Jeonghan seemed halfway to death. the guards surrounded him as Jeonghan dramatically complained about the world spinning and that he was about to die. I turned to Dino and pointed with my thumb at the scene that was happening behind me, "Dino is he seriously like this?"

"We both know he isn't the most active person in the world." He said looking down at Jeonghan clearly playing the victim with the guards.

"But he also isn't unhealthy in any way. He is easily capable of doing whatever he wants, which in my opinion is very irritating." I said trying my best to surpass a grunt.

Dino nodded patting my back, "Don't worry you're not the only one that feels that way."

I looked at him in the eyes and we both couldn't stop laughing. "He just wants to get carried. And the guards will blindly do so. So I should stop him before then right?" I asked.

"Please do." Dino agreed as we heard Jeonghan pleading the guards louder.

"Yup" We started laughing. I must say I wasn't expecting to get so close to Dino at all. But he is so down to earth in a different way than others I've met are.

I know I should be annoyed by Jeonghan complaining in the back group to the guards but, looking at Joenghan like this makes me think he is..sort of cute. Still annoying to the max though.

But I like seeing the new sides of him. This is a good thing, I am collecting a lot of new information about the mysterious and unpredictable Prince. I walked up to the guards that were on their knees holding the Prince up after he dramatically "fainted" just enough so he isn't touching the dirty floor.

I rolled my eyes as I stood infront of Jeonghan crossing my arms and tapping my foot. "Ahem, Prince Jeonghan. What do you think you are doing?" I asked

Jeonghan slowly looked up at me nervously. "Ah you know, expressing my condition." He said his eyes avoiding my gaze.

"Drop him I said to the guards."

"But we can't let the Prince touch the dirty ground." The one I was talking to early exclaimed glaring at me.

I sighed as I went up to each and every guard and started to tickle them. They released the Prince dropping him on the floor. they looked horrified in what they just did. The same guard went up to my face with his neck vein popping out so much. "Oh, this is the final straw. I will report you to the king and have you fired, how dare you be so unprofessional and not know your place."

I looked up at him and gripped his shoulder tightly, he winced in pain as I smiled "Don't you remember what I told you earlier? Don't help the Prince unless he is in a life or death situation. Otherwise, you ignore. If anything you aren't acting professionally."

I pushed him aside but I turned to ask him one last thing, "What is your name?"

"Vernon. The head of the Prince's royal protection squad." He said.

I smiled and went back to the prince. Jeonghan smiled nervously at me, I turned behind me to Dino and asked, "Do you want to do the honors?"

Dino's eyes glew up, "Can I!!"

"Of course," I said enthusiastically.

Dino went up to Jeonghan and punched the top of his head. Jeonghan said ow while holding the top of his head. "Take that as a warning Jeonghan, your little acts won't work today," Dino said taking the words right out of my mouth.

The prince nodded and he got up, perfectly healthy with nothing wrong with him.

"It's about noon now. So how about we go and eat a little something?" I said walking up to Jeonghan patting his back. I looked at Dino and the guards to see if my idea was good.

Dino nodded. "Yes please, I've been standing next to this guard and his stomach is grumbling so much." That guard's face became red as I looked at him.

I looked at the guard and frowned, "You could have told us if you wanted to eat sooner?"

I shook his head, "I couldn't I'm not in any way to make a request like that."

To no one, in particular, I yelled out in irritation, "This is the messed up thing I don't get about this system. But I know that the king doesn't inforce that but you guys just assume to work like that."

"How'd you know?" The other guard questioned.

"You guys are the best of the best in this world, you guys definitely worked with other royal familes. And with all due respect, would the king really tell you to do what the other royal families made you do?" I said to them.

"No..." Vernon answering for the other two.

"Also we aren't in the castle and your only job is to protect us, not act like you are less than us." They were speechless as Jeonghan tapped my shoulder and ordered the guards, "Act normally, that is my order for you guys."

They hesitantly agreed and tried their best to act natural. You know how you act when someone you were just talking about and you tell the people around you to act natural. Then they act the complete opposite, that's exactly what the guards are doing.

Vernon was even trying his best to do so. But I can just tell just by his actions he has been a guard for a long time now and he just beat into him the rules that are normal for this line of this work. Now that he has to act out of line he is struggling a little more than the others.

He noticed me staring at him and glared at me. I smiled giving him a thumbs up.

I shook my head and turned to Dino, "So Dino what is the best place to eat around this area?"

"Honestly I don't know any good places here but I'm more familiar with this shop down the area a little." He said rather nervous. I smiled and told him to lead the way.