Lesson 16: The Plan

After we finished eating the king excused us. I stacked my plate and cleaned my area, no matter how much the maids insisted not too. I just don't feel right letting them clean up the mess that I made.

At first, Jeonghan and Dino looked at me then at the panicked maids. They both nodded and copied my actions. I was amazed, but smiling no less. I'm glad I can lead by example little by little. I just wish other tutors can think that way too.

That reminds me of my tutor back when I was little and how she managed to advance me way ahead of supposed grade level. She was very strict, the most strict person I have ever met even to this day. Every day she taught so many lessons and every day was another test to make sure I understood everything. Information was being shoved down my throat and I couldn't get a chance to breathe.

But if I look back at it in a different light. Yes, she was a traumatizing part of my academics but, she was also very effective. She "effectively" got me to the level that allowed me to get a job and raise my own money so I won't burden my adoptive family too much. I chose to become a tutor myself and started my teaching path at an early age.

I am an academic tutor but, also a general tutor of life. Jeonghan is very smart, brilliant even. All the practice tests I've given him before he fell asleep, he scored perfectly on all of them. All the stuff I attempted to teach him he already knew. So, all I can do now is teach him the way of life and get him to grasp that concept to prepare him for what's next to come.

~~~~

Jeonghan, Dino, and I then said our departures to the king, advisor, and the guards and went upstairs. I followed silently as Joenghan and Dino were talking amongst themselves, "Dino how has it been? You haven't visited me in a good 3 months now." Jeonghan said in a voice I've only heard when he was half asleep when he let his guard down.

"You know the usual, living paycheck to paycheck while making sure my mom and siblings are living comfortably," Dino said and I was getting more curious about what type of relation Jeonghan and him have. Also, I wondered why this Dino character didn't seem phased by Jeonghan's look.

I know for sure that if I hadn't seen him in months, looking at Jeonghan again would be the same as when the first time I saw him. Too dazzling to stare at for too long. It would feel like I am staring right at the sun with a magnifying glass to my eyes.

Just too many questions I want to ask but, I know I can't at this point. Hopefully, I will get my chance later.

Jeonghan looked behind him and at me with a confused face, "Why are you looking at us like that?" He said as Dino turned around too, giving me a small smile.

I smiled back at him and looked at Joenghan trying to think up something, "Oh um... how do I say this...ah I just haven't seen you act like this before." I simply said with a little sting at my heart. I don't know why, but maybe having him show a drastically different persona with other people makes me...envious?

Jeonghan looked at Dino in a pleading face and continued having a stare down like they were having a whole conversation. Dino sighed and nodded as he turned to face me with a smile.

He went up to my side and nervously started, "Joshua...oh I mean tutor Joshua."

He was really cute, like a little brother that I never knew I wanted, "I'm not a tutor right now, I'm off hours so just Joshua is fine." I said to him smiling.

He looked up at me and rubbed the nap of his neck and responded, "Oh ok...so um I can say the exact same to you too."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well, I'm pretty sure Jeonghan has told you how you aren't like the other tutor's and how you treat him like every other person." I think I know where he is going with this.

"Yeah but it took him a long time to understand that fact," I said looking at him smirking as Jeonghan blushed from embarrassment.

Dino saw this and became a little less nervous and continued, "So just by that I can see how you are special. Right?" He said the last part to Jeonghan.

"Yes, he sure is." He responded.

"So if you don't mind would you help me in something?" Dino asked.

"Oh, I did not see that one coming but, shoot," I said but thought this might not be a good place to hear it, in the hallway at least. "Oh wait, let's go to my bedroom so we can openly talk."

"My sleep room," Jeonghan called out walking ahead of us.

I glared at the back of his head and in a deep voice, "My bedroom."

"I had it first," he called out.

I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him to look at me, "Oh come on, Jeonghan just let it go it's my room."

"I'm not giving it up." He said shouting but, Dino got in between us and shoved us towards my room, with a huff.

We looked at Dino in shame, "Sorry" we both said to Dino as he glared at us tapping his feet.

"You know, I came here to get away from acting like a big brother. Now I have to deal with you two now." He said looking between us.

"But you will always be my baby," Jeonghan added as he made his way towards MY bed and laid on it.

I rolled my eyes and decided to not bring it up and turned to Dino gesturing him to ask away. "Ok so um...can you help me around doing errands today?" He asked me.

I was surprised, to say the least. I was about to say I can't since I had to stay in the castle and watch over the prince that was currently sleeping like aways. But as I was looking at Jeonghan shifting in the bed a great idea popped in my head.

I can take this chance, to get some fresh air for both of us. And actually get my lessons moving along, cause right about now I feel like I am just freeloading off the royal family and not teaching Prince Jeonghan anything new.

"Yes, I will help, as well as the prince over there." I pointed at Jeonghan.

His body shot right up as he said, "What" followed by Dino "What".