Part 37

Calums POV:
Michael told me that last night was a mistake... I gave my entire self to him. I gave him everything. All of me. He did too. He can't keep changing his mind with me. I kicked him out of my room... I feel horrible, I want to beg him to stay with me. That he's confused, that I'm what he wants. That last night was perfect and worth it. That Connor can't make him feel the way that I do. That we belong together.. But it's not worth it. He's not worth it. As he walks out of my room, I slam the door behind him. As the door closes I break into tears. I lost him. I love him so much but it's clear that it will never work.
I blame myself for not wanting to be public at first... But we were getting serious, I guess I just fell for him a little too hard.
*Three weeks later*
It's been three weeks and me and Michael haven't spoken much. He's been spending almost everyday with Connor. It's as if he is not affected by what happened between us.. I wonder if Connor knows that Michael cheated on him with me, the night that he beat me up...
It's Friday, around 12 pm, I am with Ashton and Luke. We are preparing for a show in downtown next week. Michael needs to come to rehearsals..
Ashton: "Is it me or has Michael been acting different lately?"
Luke: "He's just been gone lately.. Maybe something's bothering him?"
"Yeah... Maybe something is bothering him."
Luke: "Have we done something?"
"No." It's all my fault
Ashton: "Are you guys fighting again?"
"I don't even know. We haven't talked in weeks"
Ashton: "I know, we haven't talked much either"
Ashton and Luke seem sad.
After a while of practicing, Michael walks in.
Michael: "Sorry I'm late guys, me and Connor just-"
Ashton cuts Him off by hitting his drums.
Ashton: "Grab your guitar"
He says harshly. Michael is caught by surprise and seems confused as to why Ashton is acting like this. Luke is quiet and me and him do not talk so it doesn't matter.
We practice Heart Break Girl and Michael messes up multiple times. Luke is starting to get frustrated and so am I. This is an older one of our songs, he should have this one set at perfection but he's so off tune and can't keep up with us.
"Dude. You're slacking"
I try to say in the calmest way possible but it comes out kind of rude.
Michael looks at me and is obviously bothered by my comment. He doesn't say anything, he just rolls his eyes.
Ashton: "Don't get mad, just get your shit together man"
Michael looks at Ashton, Angry.
Michael: "Can you guys chill?"
Luke: "Dude. We are just trying to tell you that you're not putting your best into this right now, calm down"
Michael: "I can't do this right now."
Luke: "Dude. We are a band. We need to practice."
Ashton: "Stop taking it offensive. Fuck"
Michael: "How els am I supposed to take it? I'm the only one that's being fucking criticized"
Ashton: "Calum your voice is too pitchy. There, happy?"
Michael gets even more moody and walks out.
I decide to go after him. After all, this is all my fault.
"Michael. Come back"
I say to him calmly. He looks back and is confused when he sees me going after him.
Michael: "Leave me alone Cal"
"No. You need to realize that this is important"
Michael: "I know it is! It's just that.."
"Michael. You can't keep doing this."
Michael: "What?"
"Stop running away. Stop leaving. Stay"
I move closer to him. He comes closer to me and as we are nearly an inch away from each other.
"We need you" I whisper and he begins to lean into me, his eyes close softly and I allow mine to shut as well. I feel his breath get closer to me and then he vanishes. He leaves me standing there, feeling to feel his lips on mine.
He leaves practice and doesn't come back until midnight that night. Me and the guys were still awake. He comes in with Connor and Ashton is upset.
Ashton: "Connor, sorry if I come off as an asshole but you need to leave"
Michael is shocked that Ashton actually told Connor to go.
Michael: "wow. You can't make him leave"
Ashton: "Connor, you are not welcomed here"
Ashton says calmly and as Connor says sorry and begins to walk out of the door Michael storms off behind him, Michael tells Connor to go and then Michael comes in angrier than ever.
Michael: "You guys are fucking jerks"
My boyfriend can't come to my house? Because he got in a fight with calum!?
Ashton: "it wasn't even a fucking fight! He attacked him!"
I stay silent, Connor did attack me. I didn't do anything wrong that day.
Michael: "he had his reasons!"
How is he defending him?
"Can we drop it? It doesn't even fucking matter okay?"
Luke: "Can we just stop"
After a while of silence Michael finally breaks it.
Michael: "I'm sorry that things have been so out of hand lately"
Ashton is still upset but he lets it slide. We start making jokes about some lame video game and we talk about our show next week. We haven't all talked like this in a while and it feels good. I honestly hope that one day we can be friends with Connor if he's going to be around..