Escape

JOHN POV

I walked out of the headmaster's office without hesitation. What was happening to us? I did not intend for this to happen. I never did. It all was out of my control and before I knew it I...... Well I lost control of everything. My friends, my life, my reputation. Everything that made up ME. 

It had completely spiraled out of control.

The halls were not crowded. Very few students had free periods right now and those that didn't wouldn't be loitering around the school waiting to be caught and sent back to class. I strode down the center of the halls. No Arlo. No Seraphina. No one. Not a single person to stop me from being in my rightful place without worry. No one to push responsibilities upon me. Nobody to---

Nevermind.

Arlo ran into me abruptly. He was covered in all kinds of bandages and slings. He turned his head slightly and whispered in a volume that was audible. But only barely.

"The gates."

The gates? What the fuck Arlo? You're always so vague about everything. EV-ER-Y-THING. The gates? What is that supposed to mean?

I turn back towards him and just gaze blankly with a stare. He will not get under my skin and make me worried over something as stupid as those 2 cryptic words.

Yet I still wondered, why...?

Despite my continuous doubts, I turn and briskly make my way to the front of the school. I winded through the hallways, dodged students, and made a couple detours to avoid the especially crowded area. But then I glanced out the window. And stopped.

There she was. Seraphina. Luggage and all. She stepped into the vehicle. If she had her ability still, I would have used it. Just to stop time, if only for a moment, to tell her to wait. Wait and think this through. She didn't need to leave Wellston.

I...

And that's when it hit me.

I had to keep her here. She was the only thing that ever kept me sane in this fucking school, and now she was leaving. I couldn't let her walk out freely-- What did she think she was doing? I NEED her here.

But her head ducked into the car and I was too late. Gone.

The dorm was quiet again when I arrived. Nobody liked to dwell for too long here anymore. Everyone was scared. Scared of what might happen should the masked figure find them. Little did they know, I was mostly done with hurting others. Mostly. I still have a few more visits to make. And should any others arise, I will address them.

The door to my room was unlocked. Maybe Blyke was home for once? I peaked inside and saw bright red hair. So he was home. But in my room?

"Uh...Blyke?"

He jumped so fast I thought he might have found a way to get another ability. Other than having my ability of course. But then I looked at the mass of black fabric in his hand and my face turned dark.

"What are you doing with that?" my voice a deathly calm, something I learned from a special someone while I was seated at a metal desk. 

"Uh..Uh. I was just. I was..."

"Of course you don't have a good excuse. Of course. OF COURSE." I can never hold that calm for long though. 

He was frozen in place. This was quite unlike his normal fiery personality.

"Put it back. Now. Or I swear I will hurt you. Hurt you so bad that Remi's injuries will look like child's play. 

Now. Drop it. Put it down. Step away."

No response. He slowly put the mask back on the bed. Something was definitely off. That's when I looked back at his eyes. They were now glowing.

"No. No. NO." Blyke's voice raised with each word.

Two other abilities came into my sensory range. Remi and Isen. Lightning crackled in the air. I did not power up though. If they are bringing the authorities here, I can lie my way out if I don't incriminate myself first.

Then he struck.

Three mini beams shot out of his fingers. That's new. And totally a copy of what I did. The first two were easily dodge-able. The last one...Not so much. It grazed off the top layer of my skin.
Wait...why could I only just barely sense Remi and Isen if they were behind me?

It's very familiar---

"You psycho!" Remi screamed.

Electricity crackled all around me. But it was not hurting me. Not yet anyways. And the lightning bolts formed a sort of structure.
A...
A cage.

That was it.
No hiding now.

I powered up.

And then I looked to Blyke.
Then Remi.
Then Isen.

And the room exploded with energy.

Seraphina PoV

The driver was faceless. He wore dark black sunglasses, a black suit, and silently drove the car.
So boring! Of course, maybe boring was nice for a change. Everything has been so insane I don't even know what to do with myself when I am left alone with nothing but my own mind.
It always goes back to playing out scenarios.
Playing out conversations.

Guilt.

I pulled out my new phone I had shipped to me the other day. Scrolling through my app store brought back many memories...

Me and John sitting and trying to beat every level of angry pigs...
Me and John chatting while I was locked up at my Mom's.

I don't know how I am going to survive this.

He was everything. And not in the cheesy way people say to their significant other. Literally. He. Was...well my life revolved around him.
Which, looking back, isn't really a good thing. I had no motivation. Have no motivation. What am I doing with myself?

I looked up at the driver.
And down at my phone.
And out the window.
And back at my phone.

I opened my text messages.

I started typing.

*thank you to everyone who has put up with me promising deadlines and then them not happening. Life got really crazy. Haha...when is it not. Hope u enjoyed the chapter. Lmk if I should continue even though Unordinary is starting up again.
Bye--*