13 | Drenched

<Kagura>
For the past week, it's been raining heavily in the Kabuki district. I didn't live that far from the school, so I continued to walk with my parasol regardless of getting a bit wet on the way.

When I did live with my family, I would be driven to school everyday. I would always be jealous that I couldn't walk with friends to and back from school like everyone else. So maybe that's why I'm so adamant about not wanting to take the bus or something even if I don't have someone to walk with.

I looked up at my umbrella and felt satisfied either way. I used to hate rainy days but I guess I have forgotten why it was least favorite kind of weather.

HONK HONK

Behind me, a car sped past and even drove into a large puddle. Obviously I moved out of the way but I still got hit. Can anything get worst?

"What the hell?!" I drew my arms up and shouted out loud. In that moment, I felt that I had the right to be mad even if I was drawing unwanted attention. Anyone would be pissed off!

I glanced down and saw that my skirt and parts of my top was soaked. There was no saving my socks or shoes.
••••••
Unfortunately, I made it to school late. What am I going to do? I'm dripping wet and I don't have clothes to change into! I left my gym uniform at home because I washed them the other day.

"Huh?"

I heard someone behind me and I turned to see Okita closing his umbrella while walking through the lobby door of the school.

"Guess I'm not the only one that's late." I muttered to myself as I took off my ankle socks.

One thing for sure was that I wasn't going to prolong my suffering by wearing wet socks around for the entire day.

"Trip in a puddle or something?" He raised a brow with a joking smirk. "Unless you decided to take a dip?"

"Say all you want. I'm already done as it is. The nurse's office should have extra clothes that I could change into, right?" I asked.

Okita scratched his head and shrugged. He looked down at the puddle surrounding me on the ground and quickly put on his slippers.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." He said leaving his bag behind.

"Huh? I have to get to class soon." I responded but he essentially ignored me and ran off.

"W-wait!"

Ugh?! Now what? I'm wet, cold, and late. I feel like this past week was made to target me specifically.

I crossed my arms and decided to wait for him to come back but I gave him at least five minutes. If he isn't back until then, I will go to the infirmary myself.

I stared at my phone to pass the time and Elizabeth walked by without saying a word to me. Instead, he pulled out a sign from behind him and I read it.

Get to class.

I stuck out my tongue as he went by and fortunately Okita came back with a few things in his hands. But before that, he also ran into Elizabeth and they stood off face-to-face.
What is this tense mood?

"You're in my way." He tried to get past. "What? Have something to say?"

Elizabeth pulled up another sign,
Detention.

He slapped a note on his forehead and it stuck. About to burst into laughter, I tried to hold back but Okita decided to drag me down with him.

"She was making faces at you behind your back." He exposed me and I flinched when Elizabeth turned its plush-like head at me.

"Talk about rude." He continued.

SLAP

I looked up and saw the detention slip hanging from my forehead. Elizabeth scolded the both of us for a solid five minutes until he frustratingly left. The last sign he held up was, I'm not getting paid enough for this.

I crossed my arms once Okita and I were alone in the halls again. He had the audacity to start laughing at me and called me dumb.

"Happy now?" I sighed while ripping the detention slip off my head and crumbling it up.

"Here." He shoved a towel and an uniform set in my arms. Confusingly as I touched the gym uniform, he took off the detention slip from his forehead, tucking it into his pocket.

"It might be big but it should work. Just roll it up or something."

"Is this is yours? Couldn't I just grab one from the nurse's office? Here, take it back."

"Even if you got one from there, they're still going to be baggy. All of you girls are already small it is, the sizes they keep are men's small." He explained, "luckily for you, I'm quite fit. Hurry up and dry yourself down."

He picked up his bag and started walking up the staircase.
This felt nice, I'm not sure why but it does. However, he's such an odd ball and you don't know when his aggressive sadistic switch will be turned on. I've said it once and I'll say it again, why is he acting kind...to me especially.

"Okita." I called his name and he glanced back.

"What now?"

"Thanks. I hope this towel is clean." I raised the small white towel in my hand.

He blankly stared at me and paused.
"I hope so too."

Eventually, he went on his and I dashed to the closes bathroom on the first floor to change. I dared to take a whiff to make sure the towel was clean and it was. And even the uniform smelled like it was washed recently too, with a slight scent of Okita's usual cologne.

Patting my hair dry and letting it down, I quickly changed and fixed the sleeves on the way.
Finally, I stared into the mirror and immediately felt unsatisfied with the bagginess of the uniform.

"I look like an idiot."