65 | S2 My Warrior

<Kagura>
On this fine Sunday morning, or at least what was suppose to be fine, I was awoken by a loud bang in the living room around eight in the morning. Groaning out of bed, I scratched my head and walked out to see what was the commotion.

"Kamui, I'm trying to sleep in today." I said as I carried my pink rabbit plushie under my arm about it whip it at him.

"Just knocked over a few of my books." He explained without an apology.

That was when I noticed he was all dressed up and heading towards the door.

"Where are you going? It's early isn't it?" I questioned.

"I have a date, you stupid girl." He stuck out his tongue and I followed him to the genkan as he put on his white sneakers.

"You're already dating?" My mouth dropped from the late reaction. "How is that possible?! Who?"

"Possible? I could say the same thing about you." He hissed back and moved his arms like he was going to put me in a choke-hold. Again.

"You know that it's just pretend." I crossed my arms, "it's just for show."

"Sure. Him out of all people you could pretend to date." Kamui stood up and fixed his shoes by tapping them on the ground. "Glasses boy should of been your first option."

"But who is it?" I pestered. "Someone from the academy or this school?"

"Soyo."

The brevity of his words stunned me and he said nothing else. Then, he just left the apartment just like that and expected me to be okay with it.

"What just happened?!" I said aloud with frustration brewing from my tired morning self.

Then it hit me. It hit me hard because there's only one person I know of with that name. Don't tell me he's dating Soyo Tokugawa from school! One of the Iron Crown students?

At this rate, I was too riled up to go back to sleep. I headed back in my room and did a few stretching exercises before I texted the group chat.

Ultimately, I asked if they wanted to grab lunch later in the afternoon together at a local cafe. And for some reason, I was compelled to meet up with them because I realized it would of been a waste of a day if I just slept in like I usually do.

They all agreed to the proposal to meet later on so I tossed my phone on the bed and hopped in the shower. After that, I air-dried my hair and made a light breakfast with oatmeal and fruit. Lately, Taru-Chan has been sending me these Instagram posts of healthy breakfast ideas since I would usually eat a slice of toast.
•••••
Around 1pm, I left the apartment and coincidentally met up with Sougo first. Well, our homes are not that far from each other and he happened to make it to my place by the time I made it to the gate of the complex.

"You're stalking me." I teased him with a little nudge. "How was your morning?"

Sougo looked me up and down. I was confused at first but I guess he was judging me on my outfit. Black oversized long sleeve and shorts that were hidden beneath.

"I feel like your causal clothes only consist of oversized things." He pointed out.

"I have some nicer clothes, just didn't feel like dressing up." I sighed and stretched my arms out. "Baggier clothes are comfy and breathable too."

"Sure." Sougo responded and walked faster ahead of me.

Soon we made it to the cafe and waited outside for Shin-Chan and Taru-Chan. After five minutes, I texted them to see if they were running late.

The first to answer the group message was Shin-Chan. He said that his older sister forced fed him breakfast this morning and got food poisoning. He said that he hasn't left the bathroom since.

Then it was Taru-Chan saying that she forgot that she actually had a doctors appointment and is running late to that already.

That left the both of us. Just the both of us.

"What should we do?" I glanced up at him, "if you're not up for it, then we can just arrange another day." I sighed.

"We're already here, might as well." He replied and started heading towards the door to open it.

Still not used to this side of him, I was quite hesitant to follow but I did anyways.

"I guess you're right." I nodded my head but was taken aback that he was willing to grab food even if it just the two of us.

As we were seated, I happened to see a few other classmates from school and even upperclassmen! This is not going to be good. What if they knew of me because of Kamui and say something to him about this?!

I used the menu to cover my face and awkwardly glanced around to make sure no one was looking at us or even recognized us.

"What are you doing?" Sougo reached out and pushed my menu downwards with his finger.

"Haha, don't mind me." I whispered and tried reading the menu again but with it this close to my face, it was all blurry.

"Does it matter if people see us? Wouldn't it be better to make it more convincing this way?" He asked and waved down a waitress.

"That's true." I sighed and placed the menu down and when I did I immediately made eye contact with a few of them and I could tell that they were secretly talking about us.

Reading lips has always been a talent of mine but it can come with its downsides most of the time. That is because once I start, it's difficult to not look and make o it what they're saying.

After we ordered our lunch, I casually sat back and slyly watched the table to our left. It was three girls that were in my class and I started to watch their mouths.

I can't believe it's true.

It's hard to believe that on day one they hated each other and now they're dating and all.

Not going to lie, Sougo is handsome though. Maybe if he wasn't so stone cold and mean, he would be much more popular than he is now.

At least they aren't badmouthing me. I relaxed my shoulders and decided to just drop it. Eating while stressed is never a good combo anyways.

"How's the food?" Sougo wondered while sipping his iced black coffee.

"Actually, it's pretty good." I answered while taking a sip of my lemonade. "Didn't think it would be this good." I lightly giggled, "you're paying right?"

Sougo cracked a short smile and shook his head.

"Sure. It's on me." He agreed. "We'll even order dessert after if you're still hungry."

"Then the food tastes amazing!" I laughed, "want to try some of mine?" I pointed my fork at my carbonara.

"No thanks, you probably slobbered all over it." He declined and continued to eat his sandwich with a side of fries.

"I don't eat like a pig." I scrunched you my nose, trying to imitate one. "I eat like a Princess."

Sougo looked up and sighed.

"Whatever you say, Princess."

I swallowed back and diverted my gaze. Why did my heart just skip? I set down my fork and drank my beverage but ended up choking for a few seconds.

It's apparent that this is all fake, a mere facade so that I don't have to deal with other boys. However, when I start to think that about stuff like "this is nice" it makes me wonder how I truly feel.

I'm not sure if I really want to feel this way. It's unsettling and makes me vulnerable.