33| Hearts

<Kagura>
Lately, it's been too quiet around here. Every time I think that I'm living in peace, I'm actually anxious. Maybe this is part of Abuto's plan, to become apart of my thoughts as he's preying from a distance.

Threatening me.

Even Kamui's not around anymore. The fact that he hasn't responded to any of my calls or messages makes me worried too. I can't afford to call home to ask but at the same time, I really want to.

With finals next week, I can't afford to lose concentration now. I have to give it my all at this rate or it will all be for not.

"Kagura-Chan, you're making that face again. You'll get wrinkles if you keep that up." Shin-chan joked as Okita was playing on his PSP during study hall.

"Just a lot on my mind." I sighed, "how did everything go with Tae-Chan." I asked.

"Things happened." He looked away in shame, "but it's not something that will put her down. She's more motivated than ever." He slightly laughed.

"That's assuring. Tell Tae-Chan I said hi."

"Of course." Shin-Chan nodded his head.

Suddenly, a male student walked towards our table and waved at us. He shifted his gaze at me and I leaned a bit back. His name tag showed that he was a second year student.

Okita looked up as well and raised a brow. They made eye contact too but his gaze returned to me.

"Hey, Kagura-San. Can I speak with you for a moment?" He wondered.

"Huh? Me? Did something happen?" I slowly got up from my seat and I felt someone's hand grab my wrist.

I looked down and saw it was Okita holding my left hand tightly. What's with him all of a sudden.

"What do you want Saburo?" Okita asked.

Instead of answering Okita, he continued to gleam at me nonchalantly.

"You're not in trouble. I just wanted to ask you something. Can we talk in private?" He tilted his head.

"I guess." I nodded my head and shook Okita's grip off me. What's gotten into him all of a sudden? "I'll be right back guys."

I patted Shin-Chan's shoulder and stared back at Okita who lost interest in the situation rather quickly as he resumed his video game.

We walked into the halls and a few steps away from the classroom. A few students passed by and he waved to them. The more I stared, he would be classified as a popular student? He has the attractive face, good built, and was at least six feet tall.

The real question is why does he want to talk to me? I've never seen him around school before.
He brushed back his dirty blonde hair and reached out to shake my hand.

"You must be nervous." He said as I returned the shake, "as you heard, my name is Saburo and I'm a second year." He started, "I was wondering if you're dating Okita-San."

Immediately, I choked and waved my hand.

"That's a fat no." I replied.

"Oh, that's a relief. Words been going around that you guys are a couple." He brought up.

"More like a couple of complete opposites." I commented and Saburo laughed. "Anyhow, what's that got to do with you?"

"Well Kagura-San, I think that you're quite a special girl. I've seen you around campus and after school often by chance and it's manifested into something important to me." He explained.

His smile was radiantly bright and it meshed with his soft personality. No doubt that he's amongst the popular crowd. He has to be.

"So you've been stalking me?" I crossed my arms.

"Haha. You're funny." He said while chuckling, "it's not like that at all. You're always catching my eyes Kagura-San. Whether it's a small or large crowd, I can always pick you out."

"And?" I tilted my head and he took one step forward towards me.

"I know we don't know each other well, but will you go out with me?" Saburo's sudden confession threw me off guard and I didn't know how to react. This has never happened to me before!

"W-What?" I said trying to understand. "Are you kidding?"

"Haha, obviously not." He placed his hand on my shoulder with a cheerful expression. "I don't need a reply right now, so can you please think about it?"

"Sure..." I swallowed back and he sighed with relief.

"Thanks for listening to me Kagura-San. If I may, can I have your cellphone number?" He reached for his phone in his pocket and handed it to me.

"Y-yeah..." I took it in my hand and entered my number, then gave it back.

"Thanks a lot. Well keep in touch if that's okay with you?" He asked.

"That's fine." I nodded my head.

Saburo inched closet and got close to my face. I automatically froze not knowing what to do.

"You're so cute when you're flustered Kagura-Chan." He teased me and retreated back, "I'll see you around." Saburo waved and walked away.

Wait, is my face red right now?! More like, what just happened? Everything was like a blur and he asked me out? Did he really ask me out?

For some reason, I was actually excited. This is what a high school life as a girl is like right? As I was trying to retain my enthusiasm, I snapped back to reality.

I can't date! I don't have the time for that!
I dug my hands on my head and groaned. And he was cute too, what should I do?

I walked back into the classroom and sat back down. Shin-Chan leaned in and whispered.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"He asked me out." I replied and I think Okita wasn't happy about that at all.

"Really?" Shin-Chan said with a jaw-drop. "And it was so unexpected. Do you know him?"

"No." I shook my head, "it was my first time talking to him. But he is cute though." I quietly said that last part to him and he sighed.

"I shouldn't trust him if I were you. Saburo's a sketchy character. He's known for dating a lot of girls on campus." Okita warned.

"Heh? When did you start to care about what happened in my life." I stuck out my tongue, "I genuinely think that's he's interested in me."

"I agree with Okita-San." Shin-Chan spoke. "I've never heard anything bad about him personally but I know that he dates a lot. You should be careful."

"Such worry-worts." I slouched in my seat. "Even so, he said that he'll wait for my reply. It's not a solid yes because I have schoolwork to deal with." I explained.

"Stick to the books, dating is such a drag anyways." Okita's comment confused me and even Shin-Chan reached in a surprised manner. What does he know about dating anyways?

With a pout, I crossed my arms. Then, Shin-Chan reached out and stroked the top of my head.

"You are cute Kagura-Chan, so it's expected that guys would be interested in you. However, not everyone is so kind."

"Yeah, I get it. Not to worry, I'll think about it for sure. I really don't know him at all so I'll tread carefully." I assured.

Looking back at Okita, it seemed like I wanted approval from him. Instead of giving me words of advice, he clicked his tongue, stood up, and left the classroom.

So typical.