51 | S2 Dry Tears

<Kagura>
I thought that this spring, I would be able to breathe anew. I wanted to be able to acknowledge the scent of flowers and not blood. Though, as I stare off to the windows that were slightly creaked open, this feeling was still a feeling that left bitterness in my mouth.

This was the third day in a row that Sougo didn't show up to school. When I visited his homeroom, his classmates said he stayed home again. There was only a select few who new his current situation and the rest were the ones who shrugged and thought nothing of it.

"I don't blame him, he must be going through a lot." Hotaru sighed as she was reading her textbook.

"I think time alone is what he needs." Shin-Chan added. "We can't assume that the Sadistic Prince of Kabuki District will come bouncing back in a matter of days. Sougo-San is human too."

Nodding my head to agree with him, I laid my head on the desk. No matter what I did, my mind was occupied with the thought of Sougo. Things like wondering what's he's doing right now, or if he's eating or not. Usually Mi-chan cooks, so is he ordering take-out?

"Kagura-Chan?" Shin-Chan called my name.

"Yes?" I slightly glanced up.

"Let's all go to the cafe and grab some drinks. Can't stay cooped up in here with all this gloom." He tried to lift up my arm and I kind of refused.

"Come on Kagura-Chan." Hotaru tried to help Shin-Chan by lifting my other arm.

"Let me join too." Yamazaki waved his hand while walking towards us with a blissful gleam. He's kind of close with Sougo, he must know too.

On our way to the cafe, there was a few students clumped up by the window talking. Right away, the mention of Sougo's name made me notice them completely and I couldn't help but to eavesdrop.

"Always a slacker right. I'll be questing this school and board members if he graduates with us, it's not possible with all of his absences and demerits."

"Apparently he's out because something happened to his sister. At least, that's what I heard."

By the time we passed the group, I recognized a few of them. One of them specifically was Nobu Nobu, rank number 11 and a major study bug.

"Ah, I wonder if she's pretty. Hm, but thinking about Sougo's appearance, I can only see his face with a wig on. Messed up."

"Maybe she's as sadistic as him. Ohhh, I like that idea actually. You don't see women as fiery as they used to be."

"He has a sister? He must be one of those guys with a gross sister-complex then, if he's willing to skip school. I knew there was even more things wrong with him. Pathetic." Nobu Nobu said.

I stopped immediately and turned back to glare at them; however, Shin-Chan grabbed ahold of my arm as he and everyone else heard their conversation.

"Come on Kagura-Chan. It's not worth it." Hotaru came in front of me and blocked my view of them. "Let's go."

"But what if that were me? Or any of you in that situation? Would you stand aside and let them talk shit like that behind your back?" I sighed loudly and lightly pushed Hotaru out of my way.

I swallowed as I made my way towards the group to confront them. Shin-Chan followed along but didn't say anything.

"Heh? Can I help you?" A different guy, one of the shorter ones with a receding hair line spoke to me.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I said, "take back what you said about Sougo right now."

"Kagura-San, right?" Nobu Nobu stood up tall like the second year he was and crossed his arms. "Congratulations on the recent exam-."

"Bullshit!" I shouted and his mouth and everyone else's dropped immediately. "Don't act familiar with me you slanted-eyes freak, I'm asking you to take back what you said back Sougo."

"What a rude brat you are. How dare you disrespect me like that?" He took one step towards me and pressed his index finger on my shoulder. "Why should I when it's all true?"

"You don't even know what happened." I snarled and swatted his hand away from me, "he's going through rough times right now and doesn't deserve this crap."

"As if I care. What? Is he your boyfriend or something? If it your duty to protect his name when he's not around?" Nobu Nobu cracked a smirk and lightly chuckled.

"A loyal dog, you are."

"Shin-Chan, I'm sorry." I said under my breath.

"Huh? What did you say?" He questioned a bit nervously.

Without a second thought, I tightened my right fist and with all my might and anger concentrated into that one hand, I punched him in the face.

CRACK

"Ew! Kagura-Chan, I can hear bone cracking all the way from here!" Hotaru shrieked in disgust.

Nobu Nobu eyes rolled back and he collapsed on the floor. The other students freaked out and ran away, leaving him behind.

"Whoa, I came at the right time apparently."

I turned around to see Gin-Chan and my older brother behind me, both crossing their arms.

"Nice and clean. Like you should." Kamui smiled but Gin-Chan nudged his arm to stop. "What a troublesome student you are little sis, what will our family think?"

When did they get close? Wait, that's the least of my concerns right now.

"Another one in the books. Come along Kagura, join me in the office." Gin-Chan waved the note book in the air and turned around to start walking. "Shinpachi, call the nurse will you?"

"Y-yes, Sensei." Shin-Chan replied.

"Says the person who wasn't going to resort to violence. A normal girl, my ass." Kamui said to me as I walked by him.

"Shut up, I was 100% me when I clocked him." I responded, "just one and done."

"Kagura-Chan, you're such an idiot." Hotaru made a right fist and hammered it on my head, "that was so scary! And he's- ew ew, there's blood." She cringed from the sight of Nobu Nobu.

Rolling my eyes, I said bye to them for now and made eye contact with Kamui one last time before I headed down to the office to follow Gin-Chan.

My anger got the best of me, I admit. But this time, it wasn't in order to protect myself alone, it was for the sake of someone else.

When rage was what consumed me when I was younger, it was Sougo who was present in my thoughts when I extended that punch. I'm different from the past Kamui. I know it.