Chapter Two - Confusion

Leigh-Anne's POV

Jade seemed so.. closed off. Perrie and Jesy watched her walk off toward the principal's office with worry in their eyes. Was the principal that bad? Or did she just not have a good relationship with the principal? My mind ran to all possible conclusions. I decided to just ask in a casual way. "What's up with Jade?" I asked in a casual tone. Jesy looked at me, her eyebrows furrowed. "Do you think?..." She had her eyes on Perrie now. Perrie shook her head, looking at Jesy now. "No. I don't think she'd risk that and then risk getting caught to go through that.. torment again." She answered honestly. Jesy nodded, I looked at them with a confused gaze.

Perrie glanced at me, surprise coming across her facial features only for a second, it's kinda like she seemed to forget that I was here. "Oh, I'm so sorry for ignoring you, Leighly! Let me show you around." Perrie offered as Jesy watched Jade disappear around the corner. I nodded, accepting her offer. "Sure.." I trailed off. Perrie grabbed my hand and pulled me to a nearby room. The entry way was carved into beautiful wooden vines and roses, I marvelled it for only a second before Perrie pulled me into the room.

It had aisles, and aisles of books on shelves. I looked at the shelves full of books, my eyes growing wide. "Woah.. This is-" "Amazing?" A familiar voice spoke up from behind me, my heart sank. I turned to the voice, looking at the emotionless face of my mother. "Hi mum.." I murmured, smiling weakly at her. Nervous butterflies flickered in my stomach as she nodded at me in greeting. I wanted to go and hug her but I knew she didn't like me that much. I glanced over at Perrie, she had a look of sympathy on her face as she gazed at me. We had known eachother since we had been children, and she knew my mother's relationship between her and myself wasn't great. She had tried to convince me to being it up to my mother, and I did.. but that didn't do anything.

I worried that she might still hate me for what I hadn't done. Could she? Or was it because of my big dreams that I achieved.. I wished I knew. I cleared my throat and walked out of the library quickly, footsteps behind me following me. "Where to next?"
I asked Perrie. She was at my side in a second, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and squeezing them. "I'm sorry, Leighly.." Perrie murmured into my ear. I glanced at her, plastering a fake smile on my face. "It's alright, Perrie. Shit happens and I guess lasts." I said blandly. She looked at me for a moment, noticing I didn't want to dive into the subject.

Perrie smiled joyfully at me, acting like nothing of that had happened, which I was grateful for. It was a touchy subject I didn't often like to conversate about. "Well, let me continue the tour of this school."

"What about you getting to class, Perrie?" I asked her, worried I might get her in trouble. We had walked around for about an hour. She had showed me the dorms, some classrooms that weren't occupied, and introduced me to some of the teachers and students along the way. I gave them a small wave and smile as I greeted them politely. This school was huge for its appearance outside. She shrugged as she walked in front of me. We walked down a long halfway of blue lockers. I thought it was an odd color to choose since the blue didn't match in the slightest to the dark brown polished wood. Perrie stopped in front of a blue locker, then handed me a little piece of paper that contained numbers on it.

"I'm a senior here so it doesn't matter much if I attend the classes." Perrie said, a smile still on her face. I nodded, then hugged her. "Thanks so much, Pez." I murmured to her. The blonde hugged me tightly, then released me. "Anytime, Leigh-Anne." She smiled at me. I loved this girl with my everything, she was there for me through thick and thin. Footsteps sounded on our left. "Perrie, shit-" The familiar voice of Jesy Nelson said, then stopped when she saw me still with Perrie. I was looking at her, my head tilted. I crossed my arms, looking at Perrie. "No worries, Jesy. Leigh isn't a snitch." "I assume she isn't since she is still beside you, but the cameras arm." Jesy said as she neared us. She nodded towards the cameras in the corner. "Sadly, the principal is busy with-"

"Oh no.." Perrie said, her hands now over her mouth in worry and shock. Jesy looked down, I was confused. Did it have to do with Jade? I hadn't seen her in a whil- a scream suddenly rang through the building. I felt pale as I looked at Jesy and Perrie in curiosity. "Was that-" "Uhm.. It was nothing." Jesy interrupted me. Perrie looked at me. "You wouldn't understand and it's a long story we're not allowed to retell." She said, biting her lower lip as her and Jesy exchanged a knowing look. I was a bit frustrated but I wondered why they couldn't retell it.

Suddenly a deep, male voice sounded from our left. "Well, well, well, what's this girl group up to?" Perrie face palmed as Jesy sighed, rolling her eyes as she turned to face the male. "What do you jackasses want?" She snapped at the approaching males. "Oh nothing.. just curious if I have to tell the principal about some girls misbehaving.." The guy in the front said in a drunken voice. He had black hair, his eyes blue. He had very pale white skin, almost like a vampire. Two guys followed behind him, almost looking the same expect the one on the right had blonde hair and the one on the left had lip piercings and a nose piercing with dyed blue hair. They gave off that "we are kings" vibe. They sure were full of themselves.

I bit my lower lip and glanced at Perrie. She looked at me, worry in her gaze. I tilted my head at her, which caught the blue hair guy's attention. "I haven't seen you here.." He murmured, then looked sternly at Perrie. Her nostrils flared as he asked: "What's the girls name?" I spoke up before she could, "I'm Leigh-Anne, Leigh-Anne Pinnock." I said, smiling at them. Perrie nudged me, which brought me to look at her. My smile faded as I looked at her face expression, worry mixed with fear churned around in my stomach. "Leigh you really shouldn't have done that.." Before I could ask why, I was suddenly pushed into the lockers behind me.