Chapter Seven - Memory Lane

Jade's POV

I could see the curiosity on Leigh's face, I said goodbye to my mother quickly, then hung up. I looked at Leigh, then said slowly: "You're going to be dorming with me.." I murmured, looking down at my hands. She didn't say anything, and fear started to come into me. Did she not want to stay with me? Did she- "Oh yay! I'll have someone to talk to. It gets kinda lonely in my dorm.." Leigh said, smiling cutely at me. I gave her a small smile, a look of surprise on her face when she saw me smile. "You're so adorable when you smile." She complimented. "Thanks.. you too?" I said, biting my lower lip. Leigh laughed a little, then slid off of my bed. "Let's start getting my stuff in here, eh?" She suggested, and I nodded.

Three Days Later

I sat on my bed, curled up with a robe on and a book in my hand. Leigh-Anne was in the bathroom, I could hear the water running so I was assuming she was taking a shower or a bath. I flipped a page in my book, sadness entering me at the next sentence in the book.

She shook his bloody body, tears streaming down her bloodied face. "Trent.. no.. you can't die on me. You promised w-we'd..." Avery stammered, choking on her sob. His hand brushed against her cheek, a weak smile on his face. "Avery.. I love you.." He coughed out, laying back down on the dirt ground. Soon after Trent's soft gazed was glazed over, his eyes staring at the sky as his body soon became limp. Avery's body racked with sobs, her face buried in the crook of his neck. "No.. no." She repeated, her eyes closed. She felt someone's arms wrap around her waist, she thrashed around. Her best friend turned her around, staring face to face with her. Their bloodied and his bruised face had fallen expressions.. They had won, but had lost so many. "I'm so sorry, Avy." Dustin said as soon as he saw Trent's limp, bloodied body. She hugged her friend tightly, crying into him.

"Jade? Could you come here a second?" Leigh asked, making me look up from the book. I sniffled, it still broken so I was unluckily showing emotion, though i liked having the weight of it off of my shoulders. "Yea, of course." I replied, setting the book down and sliding off of my bed. I walked to the bathroom, which was about only ten feet away from my bed. I opened the door, immediately shutting it when I saw Leigh-Anne naked in the white bathtub. "You're going to see me nude eventually since we are roommates, besides the bits your worried about are covered by bubbles." She called out to me, I huffed. "Well... Uhm. Fine, fair point, 'm comin' in." I murmured, opening the door. I looked at her. Her collarbone and knees were exposed, along with her face. Her beautiful black hair was pulled back into a slick ponytail, and her bronze skin glistened from the water. I stood there, staring for a little bit too long.

"Erm Jade-" She said. I looked down, embarrassed she caught me staring, and then sat on the edge of the tub by her legs. "So, what to ya need?" I asked her. Leigh looked down at the bubbles, then looked up at me. "I just.. wanted to talk to someone." She said softly. I nodded, looking down at my hands. "What do you.. want to talk about?" I asked her, she shrugged. "I wanna know more about you, Jade." Leigh said, looking at me. I nodded, then proceeded to tell her some things about me. She looked at me while I talked, which made me feel like I was being listened to, not simply rambling on just so she can have background noise. "What about your past ot current relationships?" Leigh asked me suddenly, I frowned at the question. She noticed my face expression, her eyebrows furrowing in worry. "I'm sorry, if that's too-" "No, it's okay." I stopped her, shrugging.

"I've only been in one lover-type relationship me entire life." I started. She looked at me, her face expression blank. I nervously continued, though I didn't hint any signs of emotion in my voice, "She was amazing.. wonderful human. She was always so cute, radiating like a ray of sunshine. But like most relationships, love doesn't last and hearts get broken." That wasn't even half of what had happened to us.. but I didn't want to get into detail. I couldn't handle the mental and emotional pain it caused me.. seeing her writhing in pain like I did.. that was all I needed to be broken. I shook my head, clearing my throat. "What was her name?" Leigh asked me softy. "Alyssa." I answered her, looking down at my hands.

Leigh sat up in the bath, putting an arm in front of her chest as she grabbed my hand, gently brushing her thumb back and forth on my hand. "If this is a touchy subject you don't want to bring up, I understand." She murmured softly. I looked at her, gazing into those swirling brown pools. The air thickened slightly when we started gazing at eachother. I looked at her, then slowly looked at her lips. "Jade?" She asked quietly, her voice lower. "Hm?" I hummed, looking at her in the eyes. Leigh smiled at me, laughter bubbling in her throat. "You're going to- JADE!" She yelped when I accidentally fell in from leaning too far. I sat up in the bath, wiping the water out of my eyes as I attempted to looked at Leigh. She had her legs curled underneath her and her arms in front of her chest, she was grinning wickedly at me. We both started laughing, my robe soaked. Suddenly, I felt her legs wrap around my waist and pull me towards her.

I stood up quickly, almost falling when she kept pulling me towards her. Leigh stopped, resuming her original position with her legs underneath her. "Jade-" I got out of the bath, the air thickening between us. I turned my back to turn and walked out of the bathroom.