Chapter Nine - Strip

Leigh-Anne's POV

I was brushing my hair back into a slick ponytail. I stood in front of a small sink and a decent sized mirror in the bathroom. I smiled at my reflection, feeling confident in myself. I tied my hair into a ponytail with a rubber band, smoothing the top of my hair back. I looked at myself closely, I had a robe on, I hadn't picked out what I was going to wear yet. Worry suddenly slid down my spine, what if I looked bad? I worried my bottom lip between my teeth, my eyes trained on the white sink. What if Jade no longer liked me? She seemed cold towards me but still gentle.. Could she still be upset about what I had done? I murmured some words underneath my breath, turning on the water.

A knock suddenly came on the bathroom door, causing me to jump. I turned off the water, looking at the door closely. The knocking started to get more worried, now becoming louder. My breathing started to get heavy as a memory bursted into my head..

"No dad, please! Stop!" I whimpered as my father banged loudly on my bedroom door. I was fourteen, trembling against the farthest wall from the door. Dread entered me as I heard his angry yells and now pounding, my door handle going back and forth wildly, he was desparately trying to get in. I looked around fearfully, my breaths coming out in short heaves. I stood up, my knees buckling as I tried to stand straight. I fell to the floor, then tried again. I stood up and then swiftly went to my closet, opening the doors. I shut them, then hid in a dark corner. My room was pitch black, no lights on. Suddenly the door burst open, light flooding into my room. My father's footsteps were soft as he came into my room. I itched closer to the dark wall in my closet, my closet still pitch black, though there was a little light coming from underneath the door. His footsteps got closer, then stopped by my closet. I  looked worriedly at my father's shadow from underneath the door. He was oddly quiet, but I didn't think on it too much. My closet doors suddenly bursted open-

"Leigh-Anne please let me in.. It's me, it's Perrie." Perrie's voice came from outside of the door. I was clutching onto the sides of the sink, my chest heaving and my head down. I heard voices from outside of the door as I stared down at the bottom of the sink. "Leigh?" Jade asked, I looked up at the door, my head tilting. "Y..Yes?" I stammered, finding it easier to breathe. "Are..Are you okay?" She asked, her voice having a hint of worry in it. I walked shakily to the door, unlocking it. I opened the door slowly, my head down. I felt a hand rest on my cheek, I flinched, then looked at Jade. She looked at me, a worried look on her face. "Are-" I hugged her, squeezing tightly. I buried my face in the crook of her neck, closing my eyes. Jade wrapped her arms around my waist, running her hands up and down my back.

"I..I like this.." I murmured, my lips brushing across her neck. She let out a shaky breath, then nodded. Jade stepped away, putting her arms by her side. Jesy cleared her throat, then said: "I'm sorry to interrupt whatever that was.. But we don't have a lot of time before the club doesn't allow people who didn't pay to get in." I nodded, then rushed to my closet.

Jade's POV

"No one told me we were going to a strip club!" Leigh-Anne exclaimed, her face suddenly bright red. I grinned at her reaction, shrugging. "You didn't ask." I replied, then walked in, tugging at her hand. Leigh let out a sigh before following me, trudging along behind me. Jesy and Perrie were in front of me, holding hands and swinging their arms back and forth as they whispered to eachother. We walked in a long, dark hallway, then loud music suddenly started playing as lights flashed. We reached the end of the hallway, then walked into the main area. "We'll go find seats at the bar," Perrie said loudly, trying to be heard over the music. I looked at her and nodded, then let go of Leigh's hand. "You can go with them." I remarked, glancing at her. She shook her head, a nervous smile forming on her lips.