Chapter 3

All it took was a panicked phonecall from Qrow to get you running- Something about Ruby possibly being in danger. He had given you brief directions, but you knew where he was, and you were lucky your cabin was nearby. Despite the danger of the forest, you loved how quiet it was, and the fact you could save Ruby's life was only a plus.

You didn't catch all of Qrow's message, since most of it was relayed over staggered breaths, meaning that it was mostly incomprehensible. Alas, you hadn't been able to tell him you were on your way since he hung up almost immediately after telling you, making you worry about the old man.

You were nearing the area he sent out the call from- Some old abandoned town, you had no clue exactly where it used to be or what had happened which caused all the occupants to flee, but as of right now you had to focus on the task at hand. The first thing you heard was the gunshots, and your heart sank almost immediately. You knew these kids and Qrow were strong, but you couldn't help you worry, and due to this, the shield on your arm sprang to life and the biggest size it could go.

The next few seconds were a blur, but before you knew it the wall in front of you crumbled and you slid to a halt in front of Ruby, flashing the girl a smile before holding up your shield as the wooden plank crashed atop the both of you, dust rising up around you both, though you knew it was alright- Your shield could withstand much more than a simple plank of wood.

When the dust began to settle is when you sprang your attack- Distracting Tyrian from stinging Qrow- Something which you knew could have almost finally done in the old man. Despite what you thought was a surprise attack, Tyrian seemed delighted that he had someone else to fight, laughter racking his body as he examined your face with those cold, cold, purple eyes.

"And here-" He cut himself off with giggles, narrowing his eyes slightly before holding out his arms, "Begins the tale of the Scorpion and The Frog."