Chapter 8

You make a swift exit. 

There's no way you're dealing with that today, no thank you. Instead, you choose to risk your chances out in the rain, enjoying the sensation of it on your skin for a few brief moments before setting off into Mistral, your hopes for entertainment weren't high; The entire kingdom was empty, and you knew you'd have to make your own fun, whatever that may be.

So, you decide to go to Haven, and visit your old buddy Leonardo, wondering how he had been doing all these years after you cut yourself off from that entire world.  You also found yourself wondering where Tyrian headed off to, knowing that the woods he escaped to had nothing for miles, the closest kingdom being Mistral, and with that thought you immediately had your guard up.

Your trip to the academy was uneventful, to say the least, so you actually found yourself happy to be back at a school for once, eyes immediately drifting over to the main building on the campus and making your way towards it, freezing just before knocking on the door and looking around. The air smelled strange; The smell of blood and ozone, which was disturbing in its own way considering you couldn't see any blood. You instantly looked around to take in your surroundings, marking off exits in your head so you could make a swift escape, already not trusting the school.

You don't bother to knock, pushing open the door and looking around before your eyes landed on Leonardo, standing atop the staircase at the end of the hall with a very upset looking Tyrian and, oh god,  Salem's seer grimm. You immediately back out of the school, knowing better than to think they hadn't seen you, being proved correct seconds later when Tyrian burst through the doors, grinning wildly at you.

"Ah-- Hahaha!" He laughed loudly, doubling over as he looked at you, "It-- It seems as though-- Haha--- Your friends saw sense!" He giggled, taking a few steps towards you, his tail swaying around behind him, "A-And so... So you've came crawling back to us!" He sneered, "The Queen will forgive you, she always does..." He placed his hands over his heart for a second before letting out another cackle and dashing towards you.

Your shield blocked his initial attack, and a shot from your pistol scared him away from attempting to slash your legs. You hated using your pistol in battle, but you had made sure that when you did use it, it would count. The rounds were explosive; Enough to shatter an aura with a well placed shot, though it usually came down to firing off an entire chamber. The only downside was, you weren't too good of an aim. It had failed you since you left the army, so you mostly relied on your shield and your semblance.

So you slammed your foot as hard as you could into the ground, sending Tyrian skittering backwards to avoid the impact. You wondered how his broken foot was doing, though you knew from your experience with him, he probably found delight in causing himself pain by walking on it. The thought made you shudder; The fact you were hurting Tyrian was pleasing him. In no way this was punishment to him, this was pleasure.

You take the short window of time you have to reload your gun, however a stinging pain in your hand caused you to drop it, crying out in pain when you realised Tyrian had shot you. You're lucky your aura protected you, but at the same time the impact still hurt, so you were going to make him pay. The shield on your arm decreases in size as you sprint towards Tyrian, the shield then bursting to life as you slammed it as hard as you could into Tyrian's face, the psychopath flipping back on his hands and tripping you over with his tail.

You quickly regain your balance and distance yourself from Tyrian, glancing around the campus and cursing softly. You wouldn't be able to just run off and escape; There was no way you were going to let Tyrian catch wind of where you were all staying, so your only option was to defeat him, or for him to defeat you.

You didn't care which.