The Night

BOUND TO A VAMPIRE

Chapter 4: The Night

Draco watched her approach, his mouth twitching up into a small smirk.
"Hermione," he said in greeting. His voice sounded a bit funny through the fake fangs.

Hermione continued over till she was next to him and crossed her arms once she was at his side. "Malfoy." she responded, her voice a bit on the cold side.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Are you alright Granger?" he questioned her.

"Fine." she muttered, and crossed her arms over her chest, "I just... didn't want to come out today."

He tilted his head to the side, "Are you sure everything is okay?" his voice still sounded rather funny and it was hard to talk so he ended up turning his head away from her and pulled out the fangs.

He then looked back just as she was nodding. "Everything is fine I just need to think a bit..." she fumbled with the binding necklace and looked at him, "I'm not sure how to tell anyone about this if they ask."

Draco tipped his head up a bit and looked around before focusing back on her. "Just tell them." he said with a slight side smile.

Hermione frowned, "As if you'd really want me to do that."

Draco clicked his tongue, "You don't know that," he said with a light chuckle.

Hermione sighed loudly, "You have changed, quite a bit."

"I told you that, didn't you? Now. Why did you come over here to talk to me rather then talk to all of your friends?" he gestured outwards, to the group of people standing in the corner.

Ginny, Harry, Ron, Lavender, Neville, and Luna all stood huddled together, chatting away.

Hermione blinked. How had she missed them? They were obvious and she had only seen Draco.

How strange. She pursed her lips and looked at him, "Well, maybe I wanted to talk to you," she said plainly, covering up her mistake.

"Oh? It didn't seem like it considering how cold your tone was when you approached me," his tone was rather teasing.

Hermione sighed softly, "I'm just going to go over to my friends now. Goodbye, Draco."

Draco snorted softly, "I'm coming with you."

"What? No. Why would you want to hang out with a bunch of Gryffindors?" she asked, fully aware this was not something the old Draco Malfoy would have ever even considered, let alone wanted to do.

Draco simply smirked. "Because you're there, of course."