Midnight Strikes

BOUND TO A VAMPIRE

Chapter 5: Midnight Strikes

Hermione was standing with her friends and Draco who had insisted on following her.

She felt uneasy, and had taken her mask off. Draco had, on the other hand, put his fangs back in and wasn't doing much talking.

Not that she could blame him, he was surrounded by Gryffindors who didn't exactly enjoy his his presence.

So she was the one keeping him company, since her friends were more engaged in each other, what, all being couples and all. They had something in common to talk about and she on the other hand...

Well let's say she was just having some boy trouble at the moment.

But instead of trying to not think about that, her eyes kept flickering to the object of those exact troubles.

Draco smiled slightly every time he felt her eyes on him, and would glance over his shoulder at her. To which she would immediately look away and act like she hadn't been staring.

But once they started to break away from the couple group, Draco taking slow backed up steps away as Hermione started away as she was being ignored, that's when chaos ensued.

The clock toiled twelve. Midnight. And suddenly, quite a few people doubled over in pain.

Draco, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Luna, and Neville included.

The binding necklace around Hermione's neck started burning searingly hot, and she let out a yelp, immediately going towards Draco, and realizing the heat lessened as she got closer to him. Must've been the warning to say he was in danger.

But what sort of danger? She couldn't explain why so many people had suddenly been in pain. It was odd, it happened right when the clock struck twelve, and she found herself extremely worried.

Not only about her friends, but everyone else too. She looked at Draco worriedly.

By now he was groaning in pain, his eyes squeezed closed and the fake fangs on the ground in front of him. He had obviously spit them out.

"Draco?" she asked, trying to keep her voice steady. Many people had already gathered around her friends, and Lavender was screeching 'My Won-Won!' over and over.

She honestly could be annoying, and Hermione couldn't understand why Ron liked her so much, but she didn't have time to think about that at the moment.

She had to attend to those in pain, but right now, her main focus was Draco, because every time she moved away the necklace just grew hotter again.

Her thought process was moving at a hundred miles a minute.

What possibly could've caused this...?

"Draco?" she repeated, noticing the wizard had stopped his loud groaning, but was still doubled over.

He raised his head and stared into her eyes with eyes that weren't his own.

A smirk spread over his face, revealing real, sharp fangs.

His eyes glittered with a certain darkness she never thought she would see again.

And on top of that?

They were a bright, ruby red.

A/N: As many of you may have realized, I went on a VERY long hiatus. But I cranked out THREE chapters for you guys today, to make up for it. I hope you all enjoy, and I'll continue working on this story.

Comments are much appreciated, as they're what made me continue this story. I was going to scrap it, but I came on Wattpad and saw all those nice comments on Chapter 2, asking for an update and I went 'Wow! People actually like my crappy story? I guess I'll continue it then.'

So yes! I enjoy getting comments and critiques are always nice as long as you don't tear my work to pieces.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to writing the next chapter for you all.