Obvious Changes

BOUND TO A VAMPIRE

Chapter 9: Obvious Changes

Hermione chuckled and looked back at Pansy, with her eyebrow raised.

Pansy let out a screech and got to her feet. "I'll just have breakfast somewhere else." she snarled, and walked to the other end of the table.

Just then the food appeared on the table, and Hermione started picking out some food to eat.

Hermione grabbed some eggs and two cherry flavored scones.

Draco leaned in closer to her, and she could feel his breath on her ear.

Despite being a vampire, he still breathed, which she found to be rather nice.

If he didn't breathe she would probably be rather worried. It would make him seem even more undead...

"Get some protein," he purred into her ear.

"I am. Eggs, see?" she pointed at her plate and she could hear the smirk in his next words.

"Meat. There's bacon and sausage on the table for a reason."

She smiled and grabbed two slices of bacon. "Satisfied?" she asked him.

"Mmhmm. Looks good to me," he replied.

She picked up one of the scones, and held it up.

"Would you like a bite?" she asked him.

"Can't," he murmured, "But thanks for the offer."

"Well that sucks."

"Was that a pun?"

She hadn't meant it to be, but she giggled softly and said, "Maybe...."

"Hey Draco. Why aren't you eating, mate?" One of the Slytherins asked.

He appeared to be younger, probably a third or fourth year.

Hermione was well aware they had been staring, but she didn't expect any of them to be so bold as to ask such a question.

Draco turned his head to look at the Slytherin boy. "I already ate," he murmured, and eyed Hermione.

She felt a rather pleasant shiver go down her spine at the look he gave her.

The sides of her lips quirked up into a rather cheesy smile. She knew what he meant.

"Oh? Where'd you get the breakfast from?" the boy asked.

"From this pretty girl right here," Draco replied, and nuzzled lightly against Hermione's cheek.

She blushed and glanced at him.

"The mudblood hoards food?!" the boy's eyes grew wide as he stared at them.

Draco clicked his tongue, "Don't call her that."

"....Sorry...?" the boy looked a bit sheepish.

"You should be," Draco replied, and Hermione nonchalantly started nibbling at her food, "And no. She's not a food hoarder. She just made a little donation is all."

The boy looked confused, "Donation?"

Draco rolled his eyes, "Ah right you weren't at the Bash. If you look at the Gryffindor table I'm sure you'll see what's going on."

The boy swiveled around almost immediately, and looked at the table. There sat mostly normal students, but at one end of the table sat Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Lavender. Three of which didn't look normal.

Harry's green eyes glowed slightly, not as much as Draco's silver eyes, but that was pretty much it. But tonight he was sure to look different.

Ginny had pointed ears and her eyes were extremely green. She also had a quiver of arrows on her back, and a bow sat across her lap.

Ron had the biggest change. He was obviously a ghost.

Neville stood off to the side, a full on centaur. Luna, despite being in Ravenclaw, was sitting on his back again, her mermaid tail lightly hitting against his horse body anytime he shifted.

She had a cloth in her hand, and every few moments would pull out her wand, whisper 'Aguamenti' and wet the cloth, then rub it on herself to keep herself moisturized. She'd have to go back to the lake soon.

"Whoa! What's going on over there?!" the Slytherin boy gasped.

"Some people in costume last night were turned into what they were dressed up as, including me," Draco explained.

"R-Really?!" The Slytherin boy spluttered.

Draco nodded, "Mmhmm." he sounded, a grin appearing in his face.

The boy's eyes became as wide as saucers, "S-So what did you become?" he stuttered.

Draco grinned viciously. "A vampire."

He then lunged forward towards the boy and made a 'roar' sound.

When the boy jumped Draco sat back again, cackling like a hyena.

Hermione smacked his arm. "Don't scare the kid!"

Draco grinned at her, "You're no fun," he said, though his tone was playful.