{Chapter Three}

Another day goes by. I start packing up the merch. The boys are out somewhere in the park doing whatever. Once I finish getting the merch back in the right boxes, I sit on the stool and count the money from today. There seems to be more than yesterday so that's good. I count out 2,000 dollars.
"Hey Millicent," I hear a voice behind me.
I turn around and see Kevin, "oh hey. What's up?"
"I was just coming by to get the tents and stuff," his voice wonders as he says it.
He crouches to pick up the tent then starts heading towards the gates with it.
"Kevin before you go, do you know where Evan is?"
"No," he murmurs. He starts walking again. I let him go though.
I pick up the register and follow Kevin from a distance. I see him put down the tent by the bus then head off somewhere. I run into the bus once he's far enough not to see me. I drop off the money, get a jacket then head back out. It's 7 o'clock so most the bands that already played should be packing up. I wonder around the tents looking for Kevin. He's nowhere to be seen though.
I turn around but as I do I run into someone.
It's Kevin, "oh. Hi."
"What are you doing roaming around?" He asks.
"Just thought since I packed up early I would go see some other tents."
"Oh okay. Mind if I join you?" He stammers.
"Sure," I smile.
We start walking. I see the Get scared tent so I buy a shirt. Most of the people have already left so there's not many people coming up to Kevin for pictures. We keep walking until we've made a whole lap around the park. Kevin and I stand by our space that's already cleared out. There's faint music in the background.
"So, that was fun," I comment.
"Yeah it actually was," he agrees, "I want to tell you something. I was going to say it back there but I was to shy, I guess, to say it."
"What is it?" I fret.
"I'm sorry."
I look at him. He's looking at the ground expecting me to turn him down.
"It's alright, Kevin. I'm not mad. I was a little upset about it though only because I didn't know what I did wrong in the first place."
"Yeah," he drags out his "h".
"Anything else you want to tell me?" I ask eagerly.
"No."
"Okay," I smile at him, "we should probably make our way to the bus now though. They're going to leave without us," I laugh.
He grins a bit.
~~~~
Inside the bus everyone is laughing and having a good time. Evan picks me up and swings me around when he sees me come in. We all talk about our day to each other. Even Kevin has chimed in on the conversation. Once 9 o'clock rolls around though, we get ready to hit the road again. Our next stop is Ventura.
~~~~
I wake up on the couch again, but this time Evan isn't there. I have a blanket on me though. I get off the couch and stretch. It's pretty cold in the bus today. We're stopped once again somewhere. I decide to get some fresh air.
I grab my hoodie and go outside. It's warmer outside than it is in the bus. I walk around for a little bit. I walk over to the bathrooms but stop when I smell something weird. I go around to see what it is.
Kevin is standing there with a cigarette in his mouth. He flinches when he sees me.
"Kevin!" I shout.
"Shh!" He waves his hands around.
"Why are you smoking? Where did you get that?" I question him.
"I don't know. I wanted to try it and I got it from a guy," he answers.
"Wait, can I see it?" I put my hand out.
He hands it over and I take a look at it. It's not a regular cigarette. It's weed. That explains the weird smell it gave off. I throw it to the ground and step on it.
"What the hell!" He quietly yells.
"It was weed," I say calmly.
His face turns pale.
"Come on let's get you inside," I grab his hand a pull him to the bus. We go inside.
"Where were you?" Alix asks.
"I had to use the restroom and Kevin was in there," I answer.
"Okay," he responds, "well we're going to get breakfast at that little diner across the street. You want to come?"
"Yessssssss," Kevin says, "I'm starving."
"No Kevin. Remember I need help with the merch. You said you would help," I try to act cool.
The whole band gives us a weird look.
"Buttttt."
"You guys can pick us up something from there. We're going to work on the merch now."
By this point the band is very concerned, but I shoo them out.
Kevin is on the couch. He's counting his fingers.
He stares at me blankly, "eight fingers," is all he says.
~~~~
Within an hour he's asleep on the couch. I sit with my legs crossed on the floor looking at my phone. The door opens and the boys come in. The smell of food enters my nose. I get up to take the food.
"Thanks for the food, guys."
"No problem," Evan smiles at me.
"Kevin must be tired," Manny says.
"Yeah. I told him to sleep for awhile before the show," I cover up for him.
Alix laughs, "we better leave. Our set isn't until later but we don't want to be late."