{Chapter Eight}

Kevin and I head out and walk around the grounds where the band will be playing. There's a diner across the street so we figure the boys are there. It's only 7 in the morning so we have time to fool around. We walk behind the stage.

"So this is our last day of Warped," Kevin says while he looks up at the stage.

I feel a pinch of pain shoot through me. I won't be able to see the boys much. I'm going to break up with Evan once this is over, and who knows I might not even come back.

"I'm not coming back Kevin," I say in a serious tone.

"What do you mean?" He asks a little puzzled.

"I'm not going back on tour with you guys again. Evan hurt me to bad."

"I'll miss you though," he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll come visit you and the others but not Evan," I feel tears forming in my eyes.

This was never supposed to happen. Evan and I were supposed to thrive together. Instead he goes off kissing other girls. I have a crush forming on Kevin now. I start crying actual tears now.

Kevin puts his hands on my cheeks, "hey don't cry."

I raise my hands up to his. He kisses me on the lips.

"Hey Milli..." I hear my name. I pull away fast.

"Evan? what do you want?" I hiss.

"What were you doing with Kevin?" He demands.

"Doesn't matter anymore. We're through," i snap at him.

"Okay. Whatever," he storms off.

My face is pale and I feel light headed.

"Millicent? Are you okay?" Kevin asks.

"Yeah."

~~~~

The day goes by super slow. When I say slow I mean it. I sell tons and tons of merch. My stomach feels queesy all day though. I sit through it and chat with fans. They congradulate me on my relationship with Evan. I don't tell them we're through just yet, I just thank them. It makes me feel terrible, but you cant let the fans down can you? Finally, once the day is over, I pack up. I put everything away slowly. It's the last day so I can relax a little. We don't have to leave as quick as usual. As I putting the shirts and bracelets iinto my box, Kevin comes over to me.

"Hey," he sulks.

"Hi Kevin," I keep putting the stuff away.

"Are you mad at me?" he asks.

I stop what I'm doing and face him, "now why would I be mad at you?"

"I don't know. For kissing you I guess," he plays with his shirt.

"No, I'm not mad. I'm upset about Evan. All day people have been congradulating me on our relationship. It makes me sick having to say thaank you to them. I want to tell them "it's over" but I can't because you got to keep the fans happy. Am I right?" I rant.

"Not really, Millicent. What Evan did was wrong. There's no fixing that. I think you should tell the fans what's up. I'm sure Evan won't have the guts to say what he did to you," Kevin responds.

I put the shirt down in the box and give Kevin a hug, "thanks Kev," I say into his neck.

~~~~

Four hours later we're on the road again, but this time we're going home. I look at my phone while sitting on the couch. The bus is pretty quiet except for some chatter between Manny and Alister. I keep going to Twitter and typing out what I want to say to the fans about Evan and I, but I always erase it before posting it. Manny comes over to me.

"What's wrong?" he wraps his arm around me, "you're so quiet tonight."

"I don't know Manny," I respond. Evan is in his bunk, but when he hears me start talking he peeks his head out.

"Alright, but promise me if there's something wrong you'll tell me?" he pats my shoulder.

"Okay."

He gets up and goes back to Alister. Evan hops down from his bunk then stands right next to me.

"I have to tell you guys something," he announces.

I take my eyes off the phone and listen intensly.

"I did something wrong," he fiddles with his hands, "I'm not proud of it, but if you guys hate me after I tell you and want to throw me out of the band I understand."

By this time every eye is on him. Kevin walks in and sits next to me.

"I cheated on Millicent," he turns to me with sad eyes.

There's gasping.

"I know. I couldn't keep it from you guys. I fucked up. I'm sorry Millicent. I'm sorry guys," he falls onto the couch next to me.

He leans onto me, "I'm sorry Millicent," is all he says before burtsing into tears.

The whole band is staring at him with astonishment in their eyes. I sit there, staring blankly at all of them.

"Evan," I gulp, "it's okay."

He wipes his tears away and stares at me, "what?"

"It's okay."

"Millicent? Will you take me back?" he stutters.

"I'm not saying that," I reply, "I'm just saying we can still be friends, I guess."

The band is silent still.

"I don't want this band to break up because of Evan and I. I love you guys too much," I grin a bit.

"We love you too," Kevin wraps his arm around me.

I stand up. The whole band gets up and gives me a group hug. Evan holds back for a bit, but then gets up to join the hug. We all let go after a good five minutes.

"We are a family," Kevin pulls me next to him, "we don't leave anyone behind."

~~~~