Girls Day

Charlie fidgeted on her seat back and forth. Staying calm was never really her strength. At least not today. It's Girls Day. She is allowed to accompany the intelligence for one day.

"You can really get the impression that the cliché is right," she said. Adam, who was about to bite into a donut, placed it carefully back on his plate. Kevin was sitting next to Adam drinking his coffee.

"I thought you chasing criminals!" Charlie said, "Instead we eat donuts?"

"You have a big mouth for your age!" Kevin said.

"I'm 11 years old and sitting in the diner with two wannabe detectives!" She said.

"This is an important part of our work," Adam said.

"We're detectives!" Kevin emphasized. Unlike his colleague, he did not like the word 'wannabe' at all.

"Officers," Charlie corrected, winking, "You haven't taken a detective exam yet."

Kevin sighed. Charlie is right. For years they have been waiting to take the exam, but somehow they had never found the time.

"What did Dad and Hank say to you?" Charlie asked curiously. She could only imagine too well that Adam and Kevin should distract her from the actual events. After all, her father was not enthusiastic about the idea of her spending a full day at work. Hailey and Kim convinced him. Women always keep together.

"You'll hardly believe us, but Jay said 'just don't give the child any caffeine. It's hyperactive even without the stuff!' Adam said.

"And you screwed up completely, or do you seriously believe there is no caffeine?" Charlie grinned and pointed to her drink. Adam and Kevin exchanged glances. How did the girl just keep fooling them?

"You don't have to tell your dad, right?" Kevin said and Charlie grinned mischievously. She has just received a new means of pressure.

"Mayday! Mayday! Shootings! North Station 367 ", sounded through the radio.

Adam and Kevin looked shocked. It was just around the corner. Hastily, Kevin jumped up, put money on the table and sprinted to the car.

"Stay here, we'll get you later!" Adam said and hurried after his partner. Charlie sighed. If they seriously think she is left alone in a diner, then they were wrong. Before they drive away, Charlie sat in the backseat of the car.

"Our first mission," she rejoiced and the two men turned back in shock. Kevin did not hesitate and drove to the address. Arrived, Adam and Kevin got out with their guns in hands.

"What do you do? You should stay in the car!" Adam hissed as Charlie got out.

"I was already in a bank robbery and there I was 6 years old!" Charlie said, "then this is like kindergarten."

"Jay kills me if I put you in danger!" Adam hissed, "Get in the car!"

Charlie sighed. She always had to wait while they were allowed to hunt down the criminals. She watched as Adam and Kevin entered the house cautiously. Shortly after, she saw a dark dressed man flitting out of a window and heading straight for her. The man did not hesitate and spread out in the driver's seat, started the engine and drove away.

"Now there is even child abduction in your file," Charlie noted. Startled, he turned around.

"Look out for the street!" Charlie screamed as the man almost crashed into a wall, "What're you looking so stupid? I'm attending the Girls Day at the police," she said.

"Take the cuffs and tie you down there," the man said.

"Do you seriously think I'm chaining myself?" Charlie asked, but as the man waved his gun, she accepted his request.