Rescue at the last Second

"Charlie!" Jay shouted in relief, squatting down in front of his anxiously trembling daughter. He gently stroked her sweaty and dirty forehead. She howled so much that she barely got a sound out. Carefully, he removed the tape. Her face was littered with tears and bruises adorn her skin. He gave a short radio message to his colleagues that he found her.

"Hey, everything will be fine, Charlie. You're safe now," he whispered. Jay still held his lowered gun in one hand and when Charlie was startled as if she had seen a ghost, Jay looked behind him. The pervert held an iron pole in his hand and was about to slam when Jay aimed his gun at him and fired.

Eyes wide, Charlie looked at the body. She was visibly in great shock. Only then did Jay realize he was shooting a man in front of his daughter. Images that Charlie may never forget.

"Charlie. Look at me." Jay said, his hand gently guiding his shocked daughter's head to him, "Don't look at him," he said softly.

"Jay!" Hailey called his name and hurried into the room. As fast as she came she disappeared and pulled Antonio with her. They all heard a shot and wanted to see Jay and Charlie but did not want to disturb. Jay and Charlie desperately needed a little father-daughter reconciliation.

"D-daddy I-I w-wa-ant t-to go home," the 12-year-old stuttered, wrapping her arms around his neck. Jay pressed his nose into her hair, inhaling her shampoo - raspberry. He pressed his child close to him. Charlie gratefully accepted that hug.

"Don't worry, I'll take you," Jay whispered, carrying his little girl outside.

Now Charlie sat on the step of an ambulance. Hailey and Kim talked to her for a long time while Emily and Sylvie examined their bruises. "The bruises do not need further treatment, but you should still go to the hospital," said both paramedics, but Charlie was not listening to them.

She looked almost apathetically into the distance. How stupid could she be and believe she found her parents? Why had she gone to this meeting without saying anything? Her eyes went to Jay, who stood by Adam, Kevin, Antonio and Hank. He chatted with them. Charlie did not understand why he was not with her. Maybe he wanted to teach her a lesson because she was so mean in the last few weeks.

Even Jay looked from time to time to his daughter. He was very worried. Sylvie came up to him, explaining that there was evidence of sexual assault. However, Charlie denied the assumption. It was probably embarrassing or she was still in great shock to admit what was happening.

"Charlie," Jay said, squatting down in front of her, "I'm always there for you, okay," Jay said. "We're driving to Med."

"Are they coming?" Charlie asked softly. Jay nodded. Of course, Kim and Hailey would come along. She would tell the ladies more than him anyway.

At the hospital, Charlie told her story. She told Kim and Hailey everything. From her post on the Internet to the meeting in the park and how he lured her to the house.

"Oh, Cece," Hailey whispered, sitting down on the bed and hugging Charlie, "I'm so sorry."

"I tried to fight back, but it only got worse." Charlie howled.

"Hey, it's over. You're safe," Kim said.

In the meantime, the other Intelligence members were informed about Charlie's condition. Natalie explained Charlie's injuries. She had bruises and hematomas all over her body.

"There was no sexual assault. She wasn't raped", Natalie explained, "You guys saved her in time."

Kim came out of the treatment room and nodded to Jay to make him understand that he should go to his daughter.

He saw his exhausted daughter in the arms of Hailey, who gently stroked her hand over her narrow back. Hailey gave her comfort and safety. He hesitated, settling on the stool near the bed. Charlie glanced at him, but quickly closed her eyes and snuggled closer to Hailey.

"She's brave." Hailey said, "She told us everything."

"How could that have happened?" Jay sighed, bracing his head with his hands, "I messed up. I was not able to protect my child."

"No, Jay. No one of you is guilty," she said, "You did the only right thing. You gave this girl a home, a family, a father. Unfortunately, she had to learn in a cruel way what happens when you go with strangers."

"She hates me, Hailey," he explained. "I lied to her. She would never have gone with strangers but..."

"You saved her, Jay! And not for the first time," she said, "I'm sure she forgives you. "She saw his thoughtful looks, his doubts. She immediately knew he was making huge allegations. "You're an amazing dad," she smiled, "Charlie can feel so happy to have been found by you."

"Thank you Hailey." Jay whispered.