Girls Day Part 4

Jay leaned against the doorframe unnoticed, watching his two girls and listening to their conversation. Charlie sat on the kitchen counter right next to the stove, stirring the wooden spoon in the pot while Hailey prepared a salad.

"Mouse isn't going to jail, is he?" Charlie asked worriedly, "He really didn't do anything to me and he was really overwhelmed with the whole situation! I even had to tell him that he had to take my phone off because of the GPS!"

"You ... you did what?" Hailey asked perplexed, dropping everything, "Charlie you could have been in danger!"

"Mouse looks completely harmless" she shrugged her shoulders and nibbled on the sauce.

"We were very worried, Charlie! Your Dad was about to give Ruzek a bullet because he left the car key and you pretend it was a short day trip!" Hailey snapped.

"Then you certainly don't want to read my report for the school," Charlie said sadly. Hailey took a deep breath. She has lost her tone. It was not okay to blame Charlie.

"Of course," Hailey said softly, "I did not want to treat you either. Can I see the report? "

Charlie nodded intimidated and handed Hailey her exercise book. Hailey reads aloud:

My day at the Intelligence Department of the Chicago Police Department. First we sat in a diner. Two officers showed me the typical clichés of the police - eating donuts and drinking coffee.Then an emergency message came in via the radio and we drove to the house where a woman was murdered. The officers searched the room while the alleged murderer of the woman kidnapped me in the car (which belongs to an officer, but he stupidly forget his car key). I made myself heard and taught the kidnapper the basics of kidnapping. For example, he threw my phone away and we borrowed a new car. During the trip, it turned out that he is not a murderer, but innocent and completely overwhelmed with the whole situation. He asked me to tell him my name because he wanted to schedule a ransom demand, but it turned out that he knows my dad. We drove to his dirty flat, ate biscuits and drank water when the intelligence burst in because they were looking for me. So an exciting day at the Chicago Police Department came to an end.

"Interesting report," Jay grinned, coming to the fore.

"Daddy!" Charlie rejoiced, spreading her arms and the moment Jay was within reach, she hauled herself into his arms.

"I didn't know you could write such great reports," Jay praised.

"Your writing style is really great Charlie, but do you really think your teachers will believe you?" Hailey asked uncertainly.

"Should I lie about that?" Charlie asked indignantly.

"No, no," Jay said quickly. "Only Hailey is right. Your teachers probably think you have a fever when you read the report like this. "

"But no one has ever experienced such a Girls Day!", She said with great enthusiasm.

"Oh, I believe you," Hailey laughed.

They fooled around cooking food and sitting together at the table a little later.

Both Hailey and Jay noticed the mood swings of the child. Charlie was sitting next to them. Sad.

"What's up, sweetheart?" Jay asked worriedly.

Charlie shrugged, "What happens to Mouse now?"

"I took him to a clinic. They help him to get away from the pills. And then a job offer at Intelligence as a civil IT specialist is waiting for him," Jay said.

Voight managed to persuade the Commander to offer Mouse his old job. Of course, the Commander does not know the circumstances. The Intelligence report says Mouse freed Charlie. Otherwise, he would have been jailed for kidnapping.

"So I'll see him more often?" Charlie smiled. "He wanted to tell me some old stories about you!"

"Haha, here I am!" Hailey laughed to Jay's dismay.

Later that evening Charlie sat on the couch and pulled in a new episode of The Big Bang Theory as the doorbell rang.

"I'm going!" Charlie shouted and ran to the door. A woman with brown hair stood opposite her. She looked shocked at the young girl.

"Dad, I think it's for you!" Charlie shouted after the mysterious woman did not make a sound...

Who will be the woman? I hope you like this chapter.