Chapter 14: A familair, not so friendly face

With some words exchanged, the Irkens in the kitchen agreed to Invader [Y/n]'s plan. Since it was the only plan they had to overcome the Pirates at this point in time. They all banded together to spread this to every Irken alive who was on board. [Y/n]'s chip was changed so she clipped it to her hair. Her appearance was changed, she guessed she blended in with the others. Though, she looked a bit tall for a regular invader. Even if she was accustomed to being,.. Well different it still didn't stop her from being surprised when she looked in mirror.

Pale green skin and tired rounded magenta eyes stared back at her. No hair, or (s/c) human skin, no (e/c) eyes, she looked regular. For a brief moment she felt astonished, the accident that played out a few months before was a lot take in. And needed a lot of practice walking around for the physical therapy. But she didn't have time to examine her looks all day, [Y/n] had quickly regained her thoughts as the Irkens around waited anxiously for a command, or a comment, or something.

"We have much to do, and it will take time. I am only asking for your patience as I try to see how to overthrow the Captain." A chatter arose throughout the kitchen, they all seemed deathly nervous. "I need someone to accompany me," they all stiffened. Was [Y/n] crazy? If any of the pirates found the two Irkens snooping about they were absolutely going to reunite with Tallest Purple quickly. The invader scanned the group and focused on one who seemed more nervous than the others. The irken's lekku's were lowered and twitching every so often. Their blue eyes were unfocused as they fiddled with their gloves. [Y/n] pointed at them.

"You. What's your name?" They squeaked and saluted.

"I-invader Dawn, I was at the assigning for Impending 2. I had went to Planet Rams." Planet Rams? Oh right. One of the first Irkens who were called. The lad always sounded nervous for whatever reason.

"You will be accompanying me." Dawn paled. She turned to everyone else. "Now remember the Pirates must not know about this. So only discuss this when you know for sure your alone or they can't hear you." everyone nods and started doing what they were doing before. [Y/n] turns to Dawn, who stood there awkwardly. His eyes avoided contact.

"Invade Dawn, come with me." She walks out, he hesitantly follows. She used her PAK legs to attached the ceiling, he only looks up at her. "Well? Come on." He gulps as his PAK legs unfold and cling to the ceiling. She starts moving, he follows closely behind.

They weren't seen thankfully and this gave them a chance to eavesdrop on conversations. They found out very helpful information, and some quite.. Suggestive information. The pirates were absolute animals that's for sure. They both eventually found themselves in the deserted control room. [Y/n] found it to be safe to come out of the shadows and lowered herself onto the floor carefully. Dawn follows suit.

She walked up the old ruined aisle again, remember the day she had gotten that call and when she was assigned to take care of Zim. She almost wanted to chuckle at the memory but couldn't. Her eyes stared down at the corpse still on the floor. They had left him there, didn't even consider to clean up the mess. She leans down and picked up the head. She had put it in the place where his detached neck was. It looked like they never cut it off. She wished Purple wasn't dead, if he was still alive then he would have been cracking jokes with Red. They would've made light of the situation. Or would've tried to.

A sigh escaped her lips and Dawn walks up. His eyes flickered to the female and at Tallest Purple. His lekku's lowered.

"You know, I-if I were the Captain I would watch my back! Because I would atleast know that my actions would at least cause some trouble!" Dawn says, trying to encourage the invader overlooking the dead Tallest. She almost smiled as she shook her head slightly.

"You are a mystery Invader Dawn." Her looked at her, puzzled. She stood up.

"For only meeting you a few hours ago, you seem to look more on the bright side of things." Dawn slightly smiles.

"Well that's the only way you can do things!" She nods, agreeing. They make their way out of the large vacant room and continue on sneaking around to find any valuable information.

They made a full run around, they ended up following Whale Claw and Mak Tracy since they were listening in.

"Why can't we just take the ship with us? Haven't we seen that human movie where they just attached the ship to theirs?" Mak asks while fixing his collar. Claw only laughs.

"Mak, you're an idiot! Did you forget that we're on a Irken ship? This very ship was basically conquered like half of the Galaxy. If we're not careful the stupid Irkens will get ideas and probably will try to outsmart us. Though, I doubt it since we're gonna kill them all anyway!"

"But they're also invaders. There are probably thousands of other Irkens who will notice something is up, and when they do they'll try to contact or come here."

"I've already cut off all the transmitters and the teleporters-"

"They have SHIPS Captain."  Claw grins.

"And we have guns." Mak stares at the taller pirate and huffs, his cheeks dusted a light green. "Aww, don't worry mate we're not gonna die." He lazily slung an arm over Mak's shoulder while talking." Besides, they're wayyyy smaller. Best they can do is bite our ankles." Mak chuckles a bit at the comment.

"Yeah, sure." The two continued to talk as they approached a different room. [Y/n] decided to end it there for today, she dropped to the ground silently, Dawn lowered himself instead.

"We better get back to the kitchens, luckily it's not that far from here-" she just to turned around the corner and she saw something- or someone she didn't think she would see.

A familiar face stood over a dead pirate, a PAK leg stabbed into the head of it. The female Irken who killed it looked up at [Y/n].

"About time [Y/n], I thought you'd never get here." The purple eyed Irken smiled a bit before stabbing the pirate again out of spite. "He tried to touch me, how disgusting."

"Tak!"

~

He sat there, looking at the dusted old ground while blinking every so often. He tried to deal with the situation he was in internally, he wasn't the one to grieve. Neither was Purple.

Tallest Red was thrown in a cell, left there in the dimly lit room, while trying to cope with the loss of his best friend. It was hard since he had literally known the guy ever since he was a little smeet. He would joke and laugh with him, eat snacks and blow up planets. Get stuck in Florpus Holes together.

So how do you deal with loss your best friend?

He didn't want to cry, but the pooling of translucent tears couldn't stop. For all the centuries he had ruled he never felt a twinge of guilt for the loss of an invader or Irken who were killed and murdered by enemies or bad luck. Why would he feel guilt? He's a tallest, Irkens die everyday. Purple was one of them. Tallests die too. He had to remember that. He was foolish to get attached to someone, but then again Purple was his only friend. They had shared the same stupid humor and they didn't care.

He sat there, lekku's twitching every now and then. He was silent, his ruby red eyes were blurry from the tears that ran down his face. He didn't make a sound, not even a peep. He didn't dare try to escape. What was the use? He knew he was a jerk, maybe this was karma. And if it was, it doing a pretty damn god job on making him suffer.

Why did he have to feel like this? Only defects have these stupid emotions. Was he a defect? He wouldn't be surprised if he was. He let out a shaky sigh, and wiped his face. He was going to be here for a while and he knew it. So, he might as well get comfy.

He leaned against the wall, closing his eyes as he tried to silence the screaming of his brain.