Chapter 17: Join 'em

(Yes, hello, it is me again, before you read I need to you all to acknowledge my update schedule is currently broken, BUT FEAR NOT! I am planning to finish this book BEFORE the end of December, the book is almost done regardless so only a few chapters are left since all the major plot events have already happened. Once I am finished with this book I plan on mass editing it so spelling mistakes or weird wording will be fixed so other readers won't have to endure that mess.

Thank you for reading this! ;v;)

He watched his hand steadily grow back as he was standing in the middle of the room, he wanted to rip every puny Irken aboard apart and devour their intestines for dinner, but he knew he needed to keep cool or otherwise things might turn for the worst.

  Tracy stared down the strange invader before him. He narrowed his white eyes as the apparent frown on his face curled downwards even more. The female Irken sat peacefully on the chair she was forced in, few strands of hair covered her face. Her eyes pointed to the floor as she occasionally tapped her foot. Her hands were in shackles, spread away from her body, while her legs were also in shackles but the chain was loose. From what he's seen so far, her rage and determination was something he's never seen before. Not even from his own hot headed Captain.

  The Pirate turned toward the large monitor who held a question. A simple yes or no question.

"...tell me again how that thing on your back works." One of [Y/n]'s lekku's twitched irritably by the question.

"Are you braindead?"

"I could easily snap your neck and rip your backpack from your body."

  She stiffens, she thought about his words. Her voice still hurt so she couldn't talk much, not to mention it was really raspy. She couldn't breathe as easily as she could a couple of hours ago. Even now she still couldn't believe she was alive. His motives for her were unclear. She wasn't scared, nah, she wasn't normally scared of this type of shit. If anything, it was like a normal mission but the difficulty levels reached to the max. Instead of fear, it was uncertainty.

  The predicament she found herself wasn't something she expected, even if the thrill of the unknown was something she lived for, this situation was unsettling at most. She had to bite her tongue in order to keep her head this time. How boring.

"It's called a PAK genius-" Tracy shot her a glare, she pressed on without further thought. "It's our battery, we can't live without it, only 10 minutes tops if it's detached. Our PAK's contain our memories and is basically our brain. Since there's so many of us and since a lot of us die every day, we reuse the PAK's, so technically our bodies are just husks we can use. Even with this, the PAK isn't indestructible. If the PAK is damaged severely or even just a small malfunction, it could send you to insanity, it's not fun."

  The Pirate looked up at the large screen, a single sentence rung through his mind.

"Your PAK is like your brain?"

"You deaf or something?"

"So I could technically.. Rewire you correct?" She rose a brow at the question.

"...I guess?" He smiled a little, he always had an interest and technology, always loved messing with things.

  He started typing on the monitor, the soft taps filled the quiet room. [Y/n] sat in her spot as she watched a wire come down and take ahold of her PAK. Her upper body was lifted, she let out a sigh. She knew what was about to happen, she didn't care for it.
Did she really have to go through this right now?