Chapter 19: Death Of A Devoted Follower

He opened his eyes slowly,

  For a split second, he thought he was dead, but the blinking lights and recognizable technology around the large room brought him back to reality. His lekku's twitched slightly as he moved his head gently. A dull pain ebbed on the side of his head. He groaned as he brought a hand to the side of his head, he felt a weird warm liquid. When he retracted his limb he saw the light bright pink blood on his fingers.

  Even with the sudden memory of his earlier acceptance of death he still let out a relieved sigh. He really thought that [Y/n] was going to finish him off, but he should've known better. Of course, she wasn't, she was stronger than that. It couldn't have been a broken PAK, since when the group first saw her, it was her back turned to them. PAK was perfectly fine. So, why was she acting so out of character?

  The darkness of the room plus the ache on his head made him take longer than normal to observe his surroundings. He was in one of the maintenance rooms, it looked unnaturally untouched. No blood anywhere. Well, except for the fact that he's bleeding but that's beside the point. The point is that it's suspicious that it's so clean, no dead Irkens or even traces of a struggle.

Dawn was used to a damaging sight. It had been literal months since the ship was taken over. So why was the room appeared normal?

"Cool, you're awake." Dawn glanced beside him and jumped. [Y/n] stood there, holding her detached PAK while munching on what appeared to be some sort of candy. He couldn't read it since it wasn't Irken text so he guessed she got it from Earth. His PAK translated it to "Smarties" what a dumb name. He doubted that the made anyone smart. His attention has swiftly taken again once she starts talking again.

"I um.. I'm sorry about almost killing back there, I didn't really have control. Don't worry about my PAK, I have 20 minutes until I have to reattach it." She sat down in front of him. "Listen, Dawn, there's something important you need to do. You need to catch Tracey by surprise, he's in the next room doing tallest-knows what and you need to stop him. He's going to bring the rest of them here and we have to shut him down. He might be tall but he's not all that bright. I would help you but he's controlling me via PAK so unfortunately, I can't." He sat up as she explained the situation.

"Are we in one of the control rooms?"

"Yes, we're across his room."

"Have you hurt anyone else?"

"A couple.."

"What about your SIR unit?" She fell silent, after a few seconds she responds.

"He made me rip the inner wiring completely if I were to fix her it'd take a very long time." It was obvious she was sad, she had kept the smile and her posture slouched. Dawn knew [Y/n] had some sort of attachment to the robot. he might not understand why but he knew it had some significance. 
  He sighed a shakily got up, using the wall behind him to help him stand. A sudden wave of nausea hit him, he guessed it was because of blood loss. His PAK started pumping the drugs that would keep his mind clear and felt almost instantly better.

"W-well... I can't just sit here. I have to find the others." She blinked and smiled slightly. 

"Good luck." He nodded off and started heading to the door. He felt weird leaving her behind, but he had to. He had to find Zim and Tak, pray that Zim was still alive at least. 

Those prayers were answered relatively quickly since he saw Tak exit the room next to him, and the Zim and Gir diagonally from his room. They all stopped and let out a relieved sigh. 

"Did she drag you here?" Tak asked as she hurried over. Dawn nodded as he still held on to the wall. 

"Then [Y/n]-mate is in there!" Zim exclaimed as he attempted to open the door Dawn had just closed, but Tak slapped his gloved hand away. 

"Yes!" She hissed. "And if she sees anyone else it'll mean death! Thank the Tallest that Dawn didn't get killed, we can't take chances now!" Dawn nods in agreement. 

"Listen, she warned me that Tracy was across the room," The Irken pointed to the room across from them, the bottom was stained with dried blood, eerie. "We need to catch him by surprise since he's the last of them." Tak nods while Zim huffed.

"But Zim has to make sure she's okay!" Zim protested. He started losing his patience, everyone was keeping him from his mate. His leukku's itched to see her again, her small little amused smile whenever he did something stupid (according to her at least). He felt like throwing a tantrum right then and there, just to see her again. His [Y/n]'s smile was worth everything, especially since she has a constant frown. 

  He just wanted to see her smile again. Malicious or not. 

"Zim, We have to get to Tracey first!" 

The thin string that was his patience snapped, he growled and his lekku's snapped backward sharply. That was it. 

  He did not go through the excruciating process of fighting Dib-stink for Tak's barely stable ship. He did go through the uncomfortable experience of wiring said ship to Light Speed. He did not step over dead bodies of Irkens to find the two twats before him. He did not run from his mate to be hiding up on the wiring of the ceiling, He did not search through empty, useless, bothersome rooms to find dust. 

HE DID NOT GO THROUGH ALL THIS BULLSHIT JUST FOR SOMEONE TO TELL HIM HE CAN'T SEE HIS [Y/N]-MATE BECAUSE OF SOME STUPID SPACE PIRATE WHO WAS IDIOTICALLY NAMED "TRACEY"

  He clicked his tongue and turned around. He made the bee-line for the room Tracey was in. He slammed the door open, a tall looming figure turned from the desk he was standing by. His white eyes stared at Zim's red ruby ones.

They locked eyes.

Tracey seemed to be in the middle of contacting someone. He was about to hit the "Yes" option. Zim growled. Tracey rose a brow. 

He was the reason why [Y/n] had to leave.

  Zim lurched forwards, hands aiming for the face. Tracy quickly ducks, not thinking about what's happening. The PAK legs spout from the angry Irkens back, they latched themselves unto the wall, making Zim steady in the air. He lurches again, attaching himself to the pirates back. Forcefully the legs stab themselves unto the pirate's limbs.
   They pinned him to the floor. Zim stood on his back, the legs keeping him still. 

"You must be one of her friends correct?" Zim's eye twitched as he scowled, digging one of the legs deeper into his leg. Tracey let out a whimper, biting his lip out of pain. The position was uncomfortable as is, He could tell by the look in Zim's eyes that Tracye wasn't getting out of this alive- or at least, unscathed. 

He was the reason she had to leave him on earth. 

  Zim felt no sympathy for the pained expression on the pirate's face, he dug all of them through his limbs until they reached the cold hard floor beneath. Zim wanted Tacey to feel pain. He wanted the enemy to learn what would happen when he messed with the Irken Empire. What would happen if he messed with Zim.
  Tracey struggled underneath, he was literally nailed to the floor, icky green blood flooding the ground he was sprawled out on. 

"h-heh you don't mess around." 

He was the reason Zim had to be out here in the first place. 

  Zim didn't respond to the other as he took both his hands and grabbed ahold of a weapon that was stashed in his PAK. A large butcher knife, perfect for cutting meat. He took his knife and drove it into the pirates back.

  The screech of pain echoed throughout the quiet dark room. He dragged it along his back. The deep cut opened open easily, intestines showing, some were cut already from the butcher knife. Zim reached inside his body, the warm liquids pooling around his hand. 

   He didn't care, he ripped out the inner workings of Tracy's breathing system, snapping them and ripping them apart as he threw them on the floor to be piled up. He continued to empty out the inside of the body, pulling out the yards of intestines and pulling on veins. He enjoyed the sight of blood on his hands, they spilled on the floor messily.

  Tracey gurgled and choked at everything Zim did, barely struggling. He was barely alive, to begin with. He was choking slowly since he couldn't breathe anymore.

   Zim took ahold of Tracy's heart, the thick cords were still attached to it. Slowly Zim clutched it his sharp fingers. The pirate beneath shuddered and sputtered out slurs and cried out in pain. He was wheezing and gasping and had trouble regenerating his body since Zim kept ripping him apart. Zim ripped his heart to pieces and left the leftovers floating in the body. He started pulling on the hollow cartilage-made vertebrae. He chewed off the middle and it snapped free. Tracey's head rested on the floor, moaning in pain. 
  Zim smirked as he individually snapped each section off. 

The torture lasted at least an hour. or several, Zim didn't keep track.

  When he was done, however, he was very proud of his work. 

Tracy's dead body lay on the floor, torn apart. There were moments where the pirate tried to fight back, but Zim's rage shut him down quickly. He had him pinned so it's not like there was a chance. 

  The Irken had let out the bottle frustration and stood there, calm as ever. He wiped the blood off his face and scratched his arm. Under normal circumstances, he guessed it wouldn't have been that easy. But since the drive to win and basically destroy was so great- he wouldn't let Tracey get the chance to counterattack whatsoever. 

  Zim started heading back, exiting the room. He wanted to see his [Y/n]-mate, and no one is going to stop him. 

"Ah, Zim." She was propped against the wall, looking a little tired. "I knew it was you when I heard screaming." Zim didn't respond as he dropped next to her and leaned against her. His inner turmoil was quenched, he didn't care if he was drenched in blood. He heard her chuckle lightly.

 He had forgotten what her laugh sounded like...

"Tired? Aha yeah, me too."