F I F T E E N

Chapter 15
Alison

       "No Samantha, don't fall for his shit! He'll just break your heart over and over again!" I shout at the big screened tv in my room as though the movie star could hear me.

No, it hasn't been a week or so since my encounter with Leo, it has actually only been a couple of hours. It's now night time and I'm yet to see him. I don't even know if he has arrived or not because I didn't go for dinner.

Instead, on my way back I made Wilson stop at a supermarket so I'd buy a couple, or many, junk food. Ever since then, I've been cooped up in my room watching hopeless romantic movies that somehow made me sad and angry at the same time.

In that moment, as I was about to hit the tv with a fist full of popcorn, my phone starts ringing.

The caller ID reads penny.

"This better be important, I'm watching an educational film." If educational means teaching me how boys lie skillfully, then yes, I'm definitely watching an educational film.

"Shut up bitch coz we're going out tonight!" She exclaims excitedly.

I pause the movie, "Why?"

"Duh, to celebrate the first the of school of course." She says in a duh tone.

I roll my eyes. "There's absolutely no way I'm going out with you tonight Penny, that's just madness."

"Come on, you can bring those two friends you've been bragging about for days." She pleads.

"No Penny! I'm not going out tonight and there's nothing you could do about that because you're minutes away from me." I exclaim and cancel the call.

~~~

Okay, I was wrong, turns out she can convince me to go out with her because not even 30 minutes later, she barged into my room and literally threatened me.

You don't want to know what she threatened me with. I still get chills thinking about it.

Now, after an hour of two of preparing me for the party, I'm wearing black grunge trousers, a black vest and with a white statement shirt paired with white doctor martens. At least this time I can opt not to wear heavy make-up other than just an eye liner.

"Okay let's go get drunk and make decisions we'll probably regret!" Penny exclaims happily. She's wearing a mini white jean skirt with a black crop top paired with black doctor martens.

I sigh, "Do we have to?" I look at her with puppy eyes. Hopefully in a few minutes I'll be back in my pizza stained sweats.

Penny rolls her eyes, "Of course we have to and unlike the last few time, we're not going to an ordinary club, hence the outfits." She gestures at our outfits.

"So where are we-" my question gets cut off my a dramatic gasp from Penny. I look at her with a frown, "What's wrong?"

She points at my left hand, and even lifts it up. That's when I notice that she's looking at the big stone ring Leo gave me. "When did this happen?"

I sigh, "Earlier today."

She let's go of my hand, but the wide eyes not dropping. "Did the big powerful Leonardo get down on one knee?"

I scoff, "As if. He practically threw the box at me and went back to working, as if getting engaged is not a big deal."

I go to sit on the edge of my bed and play with my hands laid on my lap.

"For you it is, but for him it's probably not that important." Penny explains something I already knew.

"I know, but I don't know why I hoped that it might be different. That maybe he'll start feeling things for me." I shrug embarrassed of my thoughts.