F O R T Y

Chapter 40
Alison

*5 months later*

"Can you stop pacing around the gym? You're going to hurt the baby." Leo says as he continues doing his exercises.

I stop and glare at him. "Well excuse me Doctor Phill, but in case you didn't notice, walking around helps before delivery." I state and start walking around.

He stops lifting his weights and walks over to me. He then hugs me from behind, sweaty chest and all, making me stop. "Or maybe you're worried about today's conference."

My silence gives him the answer he needed.

"You have no reason to be, you'll do great out there love." He says and kisses my neck causing me to giggle.

  Today, as Leo mentioned, is the conference. Not your usual media conference or anything, but a book conference.

This is held by the school for the top three who made the list of the best books written this year, and today one book will be chosen to be turned into a movie.

Remember that competition were we had to write a novel about anything in three months? Well the due date was extended to five months, and within time, after submitting my work, I was notified a week ago that I made the top three list.

Today we have to present our books to an audience and the winner will be chosen at the end of the event.

The list of the top three consisted of myself, George, and Claire - the girl I met with on that day.

  So, I've been trying not to stress myself a lot because of the child but today I seem to be a ticking time bomb.

On lighter news, I moved back with Leo but not in that house but in a new one instead. He said he refused to let me and his child step inside a place that held bad memories, and to commemorate our fresh beginnings, we should buy a new bigger house.

Yes, the house is bigger than the last. Unnecessarily big.

I, for one, am happy that we are not in that house. It reminds me of Olivia and her cruel ways. Leo even told me of what unfolded when I left and it just adds on to her horrible personality.

I just feel sorry for Tyler but at least he has his father now.

"Look at the time baby, we need to get dressed and ready for the conference." Leo reminds me and leads me to our room.

When we get inside, he instructs me to undress and where my robe as he prepares a bath for the both of us. He soon comes back after doing so and leads me gently in the bathtub with him sliding in behind me.

"This is nice." I sigh in pleasure when he massages me.

He kisses my cheek and chuckles. "So are you sure you don't want to find out the gender of the baby now?"

I do, but I don't know how. I don't just want something as plainly asking the doctor, I want something extravagant but I can't say that, so I answer. "No, I want to surprise myself on the day of the birth." Lies.

He only hums in agreement, something he usually does when he knows someone's lying, but I stay quiet.

"I think I should go prepare." I untangle myself from him and walk out, hearing him laugh look loudly.