Two

Chapter Two
The Plenty Fish in the Sea

Nate's POV
Shawn walks through the door, arms around Thea and damn. That girl's a damn view. All eyes snap their way, Thea's way at least. Too fucking bad she's all over Shawn's little bro. If she wasn't... the plenty fish in the sea? Yeah, they'd be all over her and those curves.

"Hey Thea," I grin. The killer grin that wins over every girl. But she gives it little to no acknowledgment. Mood-kill. She mumbles something back and walks away.

She's wearing a dress that goes down til her knees, every other girls have dresses short enough their panties are in view. Try-hards. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at their legs, but damn Thea doesn't even have to TRY.

"Lil bro broke her heart," Shawn walks over shaking his head. Of course he did.
Thea and Sam's been dating since freshmen year in high school. They're freshmen in college now, and still together. Well not anymore. But here's the thing, they've broken up WAY too many times.
"What'd he do?"
"Called her a desperate bitch," he replies. Shawn's gay but even the most homophobic person out there would cut off his hand before threatening him.

I glance towards the direction Thea disappeared. God, I can't stay away from here if she's within walking distance. I've been all in for the girl — hookups aside.

"Nate," a familiar voice comes from behind me.
"Becca, hey," I answer, still looking around for Thea like a lost fucking puppy. "Uhh, I'm looking for someone right now, what's up?"
She looks at me confusion in her eyes. "Just wanted to know if you came here with someone, never mind." And she's gone before I have the chance to stop her.

I finally find Thea alone on the couch with a red cup in hand. Man does the girl look hurt.
"Hey," I greet her again, no grin this time. She looks up and only then do I realize she's crying.