Eleven

Chapter Eleven
God Damn Fucking Perfect

Nate's POV
I've been sitting here for a fucking hour sipping the same bottle of beer. I'm not in the mood to party, or to pleasure the many girls who keep throwing themselves onto me.

For 2 fucking hours of practice I felt her eyes on me. Thea. I couldn't focus. Couldn't keep my mind in the game. I've been scoring goals every game for the past 2 years, and this year I'm the captain. I want to play pro when I graduate, I've got scouts already. My dreams within arms reach, but fuck. It's hard to focus with Thea around and-

Shawn walks in but that's not why I'm staring.
I'm looking at his plus one. Best friend, whatever.
Thea's beside him in a dress that hugs her body so well it radiates "fuck me" energy.
And I'm not the only one who sees it.
Every man in this club has eyes on her and all the other girls want to rip her to shreds for being so god damn fucking perfect.

I get up and walk her direction. If I'm ever gonna have chance with her, I can't have her hating me.

But then she takes one look at me and walks a different direction.
Yay me.

3 hours later.

It's just past 1AM now, half the people are either passed out or will be soon.
I'm still holding onto the same glass of beer, but it's room temperature now and it taste like shit.

I'm about to get up and go home when I hear the sounds of heels coming towards me.

"Nate."

I'd recognize that voice anywhere. "Thea?"

"We need to talk."

"Are you drunk?" I know she's not a drinker but I mean... Everyone else is... Wasted.

"Sober as a lamb." A lamb? What the fuck? "Your place. I'll meet you there."

And she's gone. The fuck?