Twelve

Chapter Twelve
I'm Obsessed With You

Thea's POV
I have zero idea about what I just did. But now I'm in my car and I'm driving to Shawn's house. Well, Nate's house. They're roommates whatever.

I'm done with the back and forth with him.

When I pull up to the driveway, Nate's car's already parking and the lights in the house are open.

Deep breaths, Thea. You're not gonna die.
Will I though? 

Now, I'm opening the door to his house. Steady. Walking into the room where the lights are on. Steady. And then I see Nate's back. Not steady.

Have I mentioned that Nate attracts me somehow? It's not a crush, I don't like him. Br he's... magnetic. You can't be within 10 meters radius of him and not want to put your hands all over him. It's the Nate effect. All girls have it. Guess I'm just an average hormonal girl.

"Hey, what's up?" His voice startles me. I swear I was being quiet.

"What's going on? Why'd you do it? Why do you care?" The questions flood out and Nate's body tenses.

When he turns around his eyes are soft, vulnerable. He makes his way closer, and my heart begins to race.

"You want the truth, Thea?"

"Please, please Nate." I plead.

"I can't stand the thought of not being with you. It's fucking ridiculous and you probably think I'm a god darn fool but Thea. I like you, I'm obsessed with you. I've been obsessed with you since high school but you've always been with Sam and-."

"About Sam-." He raises a finger telling me to let him finish first.

"I don't know, Thea. I don't fucking know. I saw what he did to you. And fuck, it felt like I was drowning. The thought of you being hurts fucking kills me, and you aren't even mine."
He stops and I'm in utter shock. What? Did Nate Bishop, the love of every girls life, just confessed to me that he's been crushing on me since high school?

"If you care Nate. If you- Whatever. Why'd you tell everyone." That's what I want to know most. "Why'd you tell everyone when it wasn't your secret?"

"Because it shouldn't be on, Thea. He fucking hurt you, he ABUSED you. You shouldn't keep that a secret, and fuck. You said you were weak and I- I couldn't. Ok? Because you aren't weak, Thea. You're strong. Sam shouldn't make you feel weak. A man like him doesn't deserve to make you feel weak."

"It wasn't just him. That's why."
I realized what I had said and shut my mouth up instantly. Did I just-
No.
Nate's eyes widen and I mentally slap myself.
Fuck.