Nine

Chapter Nine
You Look Real Bloody, Marie

Thea's POV
First day os sophomore year was a joke.
"Is it true that Sam hit you?"
"Drama queen."
"She's playing Nate."
And it doesn't stop there.
Today I wore joggers since skinny jeans hurts the bruise.
In the locker rooms I changed in the stalls, to avoid everyone looking at my thighs.

"THEA," a high pitched voice shouts from behind me. My body freezes and I'm not sure if it's because her voice is so high it killed every working muscle in my body, or if it's because I know that voice. Marie.

Marie used to date Nate when he was in sophomore year. I was still a junior in college and dating Sam. So Marie and I never really talked, and I don't know much about her.
What I DO know is that she went crazy after Nate broke up with her, and that's still obsessed with him.
In her defense, they were the ideal "it" couple. Football captain and head cheerleader.
Oh, and word has it that she has photos of him in her bedroom.

"Heyyy.... Marie...." I put on the best fake smile I have, but my lips aren't cooperating. It's clear she notices because she replies with a frown.

"Ugh. Whatever. I'm just telling you. Stay the fuck away from Nate. He's mine," the growls at me and I swear the nails on her fingers become claws.

"First, I don't have Nate nor do I WANT him. And, last time I checked, he dumped your desperate ass." She opens her mouth to argue but I'm faster. "Now I've had a shitty enough day so... fuck off." I begin to move past her but her nails dig into my arms and pull me back.

She's shaking with anger at this point, and I've barely said a thing. "You've got Nate and Sam wrapped around your little fingers and last time I checked, you aren't even that hot."

"Well you better check again, because this right here," I rake my hands down my own body, "was or enough to steal your man." I mock a gasp and give her a smile, scrunching up every part of my face. "Goodbye, sorry what was it? Oh, yeah, Marie. Sorry, wasn't really thinking about you. Surprising, right? My world doesn't revolve around you." She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. But the redness of her face says enough.

"Now go cool down. You look real bloody, Marie," I giggle at my own joke and smile at her, "Bye!!" I wave my fingers and make sure my shoulder hits hers when I walk past.

Do I feel bad? Yes.
But have I had enough of this shit? Yep.
Will Marie and her cheerleading minions make my life hell now? Hell yeah.
Do I care? Not right now. Not yet.