❦ 7th letter

6.3.20××, 1:40

I've disappeared from school completely. I don't know if you have noticed my absence. Teachers have, at least.

I wish I had someone I could talk to. Someone who would actually listen. Well, I mean, technically I've been talking to you the whole time, but you'll never get these letters. They're safe in my drawer.

I haven't seen you with your girlfriend lately. Have you broken up, or were you ever even together? It's not my business, but whatever. 

You've also started to look kind of... sad? Were you guys actually together? You could talk to me, I would listen and help, more than willingly.

Na Jaemin, you're one of the few people I most care about. You, Mark and my little brother.

Well I mean, I did care about Mark, but I can't do that anymore.

I'm going to tear up when I tell you about this, the paper is going to get wet again, yay.

But yeah.

Lee Mark was found dead from his own home, and the cause of death is suspected to be a drug overdose.

There went my best friend.

I feel... empty? Can you describe your state of mind that way, I don't know.

There went Mark.

In a way, I knew that something like this would eventually happen, but not this quickly, not with everything else going on. Just as I'm about to lose it, Mark just goes and dies.

Think about what his big brother is thinking. Does John feel disappointed? Sad, at least? I don't know how big of a part John played in Mark's life and the other way around, but I guess he must feel bad, Mark was his little brother after all.

John and Mark were complete opposites. John was a well-educated lawyer, and Mark was a high school drop-out... junkie. Addicted to drugs. Mark if anyone had lost control of his life.

I'll try my best to get over Mark's death, but of course it's going to leave some scars.

Mark was my best friend, who just happened to take an overdose and die. I don't know if it was intentional or not.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now with my thoughts. I'll probably cry myself to sleep. It's an everyday activity at this point.

I love two people. My little brother and you, Na Jaemin.

Help me.