❦ home

"Hyung, please just tell me already that you're dating!" Jisung asked excitedly from the sofa as sleepy Jeno waddled out from his bedroom. Jisung had been considerate and leant his bedroom for Jeno and Jaemin to use, as two people could never fit on a single sofa.

"Jisungie, stop it already, we're not dating", Jeno sighed, making his way to the bathroom. Jisung sniffed in protest and continued to watch television.

"Where's Nono?" Another sleepy face emerged from the bedroom.

"Jaemin hyung!" Jisung squealed happily, which made the older smile.

"If you're looking for Jeno, he's in the bathroom", Jisung continued, pointing at the right door, and Jaemin walked to it.

"The boy doesn't even lock his door?" Jaemin laughed and stepped into the bathroom.

"Nana?" Jeno turned his head, a toothbrush in his mouth, and Jaemin grinned widely again.

"Nono", Jaemin smiled happily, wrapping his arms around the older from behind. Jeno put one of his hands on top of the younger's and continued to brush his teeth.

As the weeks had passed, Jeno and Jaemin had grown even closer, they had become almost inseparable. Jaemin helped Jeno to stop his bad habits the best to his ability, and Jeno learned to trust new people. He had even gotten a new friend, Lee Donghyuck.

Jaemin embraced his job to protect Jeno from everything, his Jeno. Jisung was grateful to Jaemin, too. His big step-brother was already going in a better direction with his life.

Jaemin had been by Jeno's side at Mark's funeral, during his nightly crying attacks and with finding him a new apartment. Jaemin had been ready to take Jeno in his own apartment, but Jeno had said that it would be too much trouble. But if Jisung could live with Jeno, why couldn't Jaemin?

Jeno spat the toothpaste into the sink, flushed his mouth with water and wiped his face with a towel. Jaemin was opening the cabinets above the sink, looking for some skincare products.

"Is this yours?" Jaemin asked, pointing at a day cream container, and Jeno nodded.

Without a word, Jaemin opened the container, took some cream on his fingertips and started to spread it on the older's face.

"Nana, you don't need to -"

"Hush now, I'm just doing my job", Jaemin said, moving away Jeno's bangs which kept falling on the older's face.

After there were no more big cream spots on Jeno's face, Jaemin patted Jeno's cheeks.

"Adorable Nono", the younger smiled, and all the compliments still made Jeno's heart do acrobatics. Jeno slapped Jaemin's arm gently and left the bathroom to let Jaemin do his own business.