❦ nono

Jeno had lived with Jaemin for weeks now, and everything felt perfect. After they just got through this day, spring holidays would start and both of them anticipated them more than anything.

Jaemin couldn't get Jeno out of his head, and during the last classes, he was unable to concentrate at all.

He couldn't have helped just anyone to get rid of their bad habits, so why did he help Jeno? Or, more specifically, why did he want to help Jeno. 

After reading the first letter ever, Jaemin got fond of the nickname Nana, and as the contents of the letters got more serious, he couldn't think about anything else. He had to meet Jeno. He wanted Jeno a better life.

He had let a stranger in his heart, he had drifted too far away with his attachment to him. And now, losing Jeno would be the worst thing that could happen to him.

Jaemin wanted to be the place where Jeno could let out all his thoughts, the shoulder Jeno could cry on. Jaemin guessed that he had achieved his goal. Jeno felt comfortable enough to cry on his shoulder and tell him even his strangest emotions and thoughts.

But Jaemin didn't know what he felt towards Jeno anymore. Jeno was his best friend, an angel he had saved. Jaemin had to find out what Jeno thought of him.

They slept next to each other, held hands, cuddled, were sweet towards each other. Was it normal for best friends to act like that? Jaemin didn't even know anymore.

-

"Nono!" Jaemin shouted happily when he saw Jeno come out of the school building. Jeno turned his head and pulled the sweetest smile on his face. Jaemin ran to Jeno, and the two continued to make their way to their shared home together.

-

"Holidays!" Jeno cheered, popping open the champagne bottle he found from the kitchen cabin. A little alcohol during holidays would do no harm. Jaemin would make sure that Jeno wouldn't go overboard. With champagne, you really even couldn't go overboard.

After they got the instant noodles out of the microwave, an unromantic dinner was guaranteed once again. They talked for hours about a wide range of things, some of the topics including school, Jisung, and Jaemin's father.

As the night progressed, the friends had advanced into the bedroom, champagne bottle still in hand. Jaemin and Jeno laughed at some stupid animal videos, Jaemin partly in Jeno's lap.

"Nono..." Jaemin whispered quietly, and Jeno paused the video.

"Nana..." the older answered with a smile and caressed Jaemin's cheek gently.

"I just want to remind you that I... I like you so damn much, you're so important to me, I can't even think about us getting separated", Jaemin explained, fiddling with the sleeves of his shirt.