『2』

sigh. it was that time of the year again. it was the 26th of october, yuta's birthday. just another useless day where people huddle around and sing to you as they watched you blow out fire on a pastry. isn't that like a cult? people chant things as you do things with fire and you open items given to you? birthdays are creepy. yuta was a thinker. he was always thinking of different things. they would always distract him from important stuff, like big projects for work. he was going out to meet his few friends at a bar and he was not excited to leave his comfy house.

he greeted his driver and folded up his soaked umbrella as he entered the expensive car. he tried to nap on the way there, exhausted from all of the meetings he had to attend prior that morning. the pounding rain on top of the roof was relaxing yet annoying at the same time, so he closed his eyes, somewhat content for the first time that whole day.

the driver started the engine as yuta felt the car jerk backwards onto the road and quickly move forward. it was a fine few minutes of cruising as yuta listened to the music playing in the background.

"oh ya think ya big big boy..."

it was that damn song again. he had no idea how it was trendy, he didn't like pop music really. he thought that everything sounded like the same, obnoxious, shit. yuta sat up startled, as he heard the driver curse loudly while the car started to swivel outside of the lines. the driver quickly got back on track and pretended like nothing had happened.

yuta let out yet another sigh. he regretted going out, he regrets ever going out. he wishes he could just stay in bed all day.

suddenly the car started swerving crazily, the tires struggling on the slippery roads. his driver cursed loudly as he lost control of the car, yuta doing the same as his body leaned against the car door. they span across the whole street until they finally stop, the front of the car getting hit with a fire hydrant.

the two males stepped out of the vehicle, thankfully both unharmed. the driver started to bombard yuta with apologies, begging him to not fire him. yuta just smiled, and handed him a wad of cash from his wallet, telling him that he could go home for the night.

"what about you? what are you going to do," the driver asks.

"i'll be fine. just go, i'm sure your family misses you," yuta warmly replied back. the driver thanked him frantically as he searched for a taxi that would bring him home with his family.

yuta rubbed his temples as he saw his silver mercedes completely destroyed. he was pondering on driving his favorite car to the bar, thank god he didn't do that. since yuta was as rich as he was, he didn't really care about his crushed car as it had no value to him.

"maybe some smart person can fix it themselves and have themselves new mercedes for free" he grumbled to himself as he started walking away from the wreck, taking no responsibility for it.

he inwardly groaned as he saw the nearest underground subway entrance, walking into it, dreading every second. the last time he went to a subway was when he was a little kid going to the park with his sister, momo. he didn't understand how people used these things everyday.. they're disgusting! yuta waddled over to what he assumes is where he gets his ticket. when he was younger, there wasn't a ticket machine. there were people in booths that would give you a ticket using human communication called talking. everyone's jobs are being replaced with robots.

yuta stared at the screen for a minute as he started to press the screen.

"choose your language," the machine spoke out robotically. nothing compared to the nice people at the booths.

"english, japanese, korean, mandarin."

the machine kept switching from those languages at the speed of light. for some reason, yuta expected the machine to stop if he kept pressing. it kept scrolling through the languages as yuta got even more frustrated. suddenly, there was an 'error' message on the screen. yuta wanted to punch the screen, but if he did he would have to pay to fix it and he already gave out enough money today. there were no error signs on the nice people in the booths. yuta had just about had it, he was going to call it a day and just catch a taxi home when suddenly he heard giggles and a strained,

"can I help you?" behind him.