THE PROMISE

KHUSHI'S POV

Its been three hours he left the room and there is no sign of his return. I am hell tired of his anger. Even after i tore the DNA papers even before opening it he is angry. Why can't he understand that this is not about my trust on him but the striking similarities between the two. But he won't understand. He never does. And even after knowing this i, like a fool, am waiting for him . 

When she was struggling with these thought, the door of the room opened and there he was standing in his disheaveled state checking her out. 

"Khushi" he said but alas she was damn angry to give in to his plea

"Khushi" he said but alas she was damn angry to give in to his plea. She moved to the washroom to change.

Even after spending a good 25 minutes in washroom she return to see him sitting in the recliner. "Gosh why can't she ignore him just the way he does? Why can't she see him in pain? Why is her love this weak? But she have had enough.She can't tolerate this anymore. He has to say what he feels about her, about their relationship, about their love. She can't always understand his silence." That was the only thought running in her mind.

So giving some respect to her self respect she choose not to talk to him this time. She moved towards the bed deciding not to have a conversation with him when she is hell angry and according to her knowledge even he is. And two angry people having a conversation is not a very great idea.

After spending 5 minutes alone in bed she felt the other side of bed occupied. Even then she didn't turn towards him. 

"Haven't we decided that we won't back face each other in bed?"he asked and she felt miserable after listening his vulnerable voice. But she was still adamant to not to turn. But all damn broke when she heard him next.

"Haven't we made a pact that we will sort out our every fights before going to bed?" His voice was so  vulnerable that she couldn't control myself. She turned towards him and started beating him on his chest crying. All of her anger was coming out in the form of tears and the little punches which she was throwing at him she knows doesn't have any impact on him. 

He let her do whatever she intend to but then she stopped when she saw his moist eyes. He hugged her tightly taking the chance . All he wanted to soothe both of their pain.

"I am sorry Khushi, please please mujhe maaf kardo.For every time i have hurt you, for every single tear which escaped through your eyes because of me. I am sorry." He pleaded with shivering voice.("I am sorry Khushi, please please forgive me.For every time i have hurt you, for every single tear which escaped through your eyes because of me. I am sorry.")

"Nahi bilkul bhi nahi. Aap hamesa hamare saath yahi karte. Aap hamesa hamein bhut satate hai. Hamare jajbaato ki koi kadr nahi hai aaoke nazro me. Aap hamse pyaar karne ke bawazood bhut rulate hai." She complained knowing that this time he will listen to her every complaint. And her every complaint was his undoing. She felt his tears on her neck.( No, never. You always do this to me. You always trouble me. My feelings has no respect in your eyes. You, despite loving me, are always the reason of my tears.)

" I am sorry . I am so sorry."  i cried.

"Will you forgive me, when i say i will not hurt you ever again

"Will you forgive me, when i say i will not hurt you ever again.Will you forgive me , when i say that from this moment that you are my priority. Will you forgive me, when i say that i'll respect you to consider your every emotions be it love, hatred, fear, insecurity, anything.Will you, Khushi? asked Arnav with all the confusion of the world.

"I will, but for the last time."she said.

"I won't let you down this time, i promise."he promised sincerely.

With that promise they both went to a peaceful slumber hoping for a better tommorow.  

NEXT MORNING

The morning was never so soothing,so peaceful for Khushi. It was as if the world's calmness has came to her feet. All she want now is to not open her eyes and be in her husband's arms. As she thought about her husband's warm arms she noticed that it is not around her. She started searching him with her eyes close. That's how Arnav has found her after coming to room. She was looking cute with closed eyes and scrunched eyebrows for not been able to find him but then she smiled a little and he wondered why? But soon he got his answer when he saw her taking his warmth from his pillow. She had hugged her pillow close to herself tightly. 

He took the pillow from Khushi's tight hold to which she frowned but sooth down when she heard his voice next

"Missing me Jaan?" he asked with a mischievious smile playing on his lips.

"Hmmm" with that she kept her head on his lap held him close by his waist. 

"Jaan wake up, its 8'o clock. We are running late." he reminded.

"Today also you have to go to office. Please mat jao.(don't go)" she pleaded with a pout while remaining on his lap for which he couldn't help but chuckle and kiss her pout.

"We'll see but now get up and have your morning tea."he asked lifting her head  from his lap and he went to take the tray which he kept on table before sitting beside her.

"Haww Arnavji, you made this?"asked khushi stupefied with his sudden act of love.

"Banda aapke khidmat me haazir hai.(man is present as you please.)" said Arnav while bowing down his head to which khushi gigled and pinched his cheeks.

"Eww Khush stop doing this. I don't like it." said Arnav whinning.

"And i love it when you call me Khush."  blushed  Khushi.

"So deal done, will always call you khush, ok?"asked Arnav 

"But family?" asked Khushi on how they will react.

"I don't care as far as you are happy."he stated happily and hugged her tight, close to his heart.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY PEEPS! HOW HAVE YOU ALL BEEN DOING? HERE IS THE FIRST PART. TELL ME HOW DID YOU FIND IT? PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.  AND SILENT READERS PLEASE AT LEAST VOTE IF NOT COMMENT SO THAT I DONT FEEL DE-MOTIVATED.