Four

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, it was very devastating. I rolled over to the other side of my bed to hit snooze one more time, then I buried myself back into my warm duvet and fell right back asleep.

By the time I woke up again I was already 10 minutes late, so I rushed out of bed. I quickly put on something easy like a slip on dress, which was one of the easiest ways to look like you tried. Then I grabbed a banana, my keys and my backpack then ran out to my car.

I walked into the school and The bell had just rung for second period which I had an open hour for.

"God I could've slept in even longer." I said to myself with my mouth full of banana

Since I had a free period I went to the spot I usually hang out and started some of my work I hadn't finished from last nights homework.

Then I hear someone clear there throat, making me jump a bit. I look up in front of me to see a girl standing looking at me with an annoyed face.

"Can I help you?" I ask her confused

She scoffs "Yea you can help me."

"You need to back off of Ruel."

"Scuse' me who are you?" I ask

"I'm Ruel's ex." She snarls

"So let me ask you, why do you care so much if you're his ex?"

"Well, I think it's sad how he downgraded to you." She said in disgust

"He could have so much better and he's choosing you wow." She laughs as she walks away

What the fuck? Who said Ruel and I were dating? And why does that chick think she can just walk up to me and talk shit? I see why they're broken up.

Anyways, I ignore the conversation I had with Ruel's ex and continued my day like any other. But I kept getting weird looks throughout the day.

Then came c.s. Class, I rushed to my class to avoid getting anymore stares.

Ruel's Pov
I was sitting at the desk India and I shared scrolling on my phone waiting for class to start. Then India walks in the door and my attention goes from my phone to her. I noticed that she was wearing a dress, she usually doesn't dress up much.

I subconsciously watched her as she sat down next to me and put her bag down next to her. She then turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Ruel"

I smiled back "Hey, I love that new dress you bought." (A/n: ;) )

Then the guy behind me spoke up "dude how'd you know it's new?"

I went red immediately, do I really pay attention to her that much?

"Er uhm, I don't I was uh just assuming. It looks new." I stuttered nervously

"Thanks, I kinda just threw it on 'cuz I was late." She chuckled

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Why am I so nervous around her all of a sudden?

She looked insanely pretty for being late wow.
"No Ruel stop, you are not doing this shit again." I think to myself.

"So when and where do you wanna meet for the project next?" India asks, snapping me out of my thoughts