Very First Date

3 Tinsley

One Year Ago

I'm freaking out. I've been wrapped in a towel staring at my closet for the past 20 minutes. I have never been this nervous. I have no clue what to wear at all. I mean if we were going out to a restaurant sure no problem but how to I dress for a date at his house.

*knock, knock*

"Hey Tins, I'm home!"

"Oh my god thank you come in please I need your help!" I yelled out. My big sister opened the door.

"I have Noah with me."

"That's fine he can help too! This is what siblings are really for!" She pushed the door the rest of the way open and laughed at the frazzled look on my face.

"I did not sign up to see my sister in a towel." Noah groaned.

"I don't care!" Noah was younger than us, he was 26, I was 28 and Sierra being the oldest at 30. My parents planned the two years apart thing meticulously.

"Tins, calm down what is going on?" I took a deep breath.

"I have a date. Uh, with a hockey player."

"Okay?" Sierra looked at me like I had five heads.

"Like a uhm, professional NHL player."

"WHAT!?" They both screamed at the same time.

"You, what, how, where. WHAT!?" Sierra yelled.

"Back this up, how?" Noah sat down on my bed.

"Well that field trip I had last Friday with the kids from school was to the Stars Arena and apparently two of the top players or whatever were there to like teach and play with them."

"Jamie Benn asked you out? Thought he had a girl." I shook my head at my brother attempting to keep my smile from being so big my face would break. "Holy fuck, Tyler Seguin?" He threw his head back. Meanwhile my sister never liked sports at all, so she was quickly googling him on her phone.

"Shit he is hot." Sierra's eyes now glued to her screen.

"He's like the biggest player Tins."

"I know, I've read all about him this past week. But hear me out, he asked me to his house so that he could make me dinner. He promised, just dinner." My brother, still concerned shook his head a few times. My sister now jumped up and went into my closet, then ran out of the room. "I'm driving myself there, so I can leave anytime I want."

"I don't know, he isn't a settle down type. You are a settle down type sis. He is a one-night stand ignore that he was ever with a girl guy. You're a public display of affection girl." Sierra came running back in the room.

"This! Put this on right now, don't ask questions. Here are some accessories, wear your hair down slightly curled, super light on your make-up. I mean the man did see you in your teacher attire."

"Hey!" I snapped.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Now go get dressed we will wait here." She sat down next to Noah. I walked into the bathroom and got dressed. I had to admit Sierra did good, she picked out a simple black dress that was sexy but dulled it down with a jean jacket over top. I did my hair as quickly as I could and threw on some mascara before walking back into the room.

"Good?"

"Perfect!" Sierra clapped and jumped up to go to my closet again.

"Noah?" I turned to my brother.