Chirped

4 Tyler

One Year Ago

"How'd it go? Mr. Reject my calls." I glared at Jamie as we entered the ice about an hour before anyone was supposed to show up.

"Well, Mr. tell every single person I know that I had a date. I was still on it."

"Shit, what time did she leave?"

"Like 2 am." I smiled thinking back to the goodbye that neither of us wanted to say.

"What? You guys...you know?"

"No, we didn't."

"You seem uncharacteristically okay with that."

"I am, I told you I really enjoy her...everything." I couldn't help the smile that wasn't leaving my face. He stood there shocked by my reaction.

"I don't know what to say. You seeing her again?"

"We have another date tomorrow, and she may swing by here to skate a little before she has to go out with her brother and sister tonight."

"Well man that's awesome." I smiled at him and pulled my phone from my jacket pocket.

I've got a nice warm jacket waiting to keep a gorgeous woman nice and warm. -Me

I giggled to myself before putting my phone back into my pocket and shooting a few goals messing around before my phone alerted me about a text.

'Good thing I intentionally forgot mine. Look to your left.' -Tinsley

Smile forming quickly as I looked up and to my left and skated over to her. She was setting her things down on the home bench already laced up in her skates. I exited the ice and went over to her.

"Okay, so, I think these are laced up correctly but I have no-" I pressed my lips to hers I couldn't wait any longer to feel the softness of them. I pulled away. "clue..."

"Hey" I just smiled and lightly laughed.

"Hey." She was biting her lip and I was about to go back in for another kiss until Jamie.

"Oh hey." She laughed and looked over at him.

"Hi Jamie." She said giggling.

"Just want to say I saw that, and heard, you actually enjoyed your date with this guy last night."

"I did very much so." She looked up at me and smiled.

"That's crazy, didn't think this stud was much of a romantic." I shook my head

"He's a lot more romantic than I thought too if that's any consolation." She and Jamie both laughed.

"Ouch." I looked between the two of them.

"I meant it as a good thing, your reputation precedes you. You are for sure nothing like they say." She countered.

"Except awkward." Jamie coughed. I flicked him off.

"Go away." I laughed; Tinsley placed her hand on my chest laughing as well. I shook my head before unzipping my jacket to give to her, leaving me in a short sleeve Stars tee. She was only wearing a long sleeve and I knew she was going to get cold. Helping her put it on she brought the collar up close to her face.

"It's super warm. Aren't you going to be cold?" I shook my head about to answer.

"Probably sweaty too." I looked over at Jamie and tried to hit him with my stick, Tinsley started laughing.

"It's not wet! Just warm! You're a hot mess." She yelled to him. I shook my head again about to say something to Jamie when she put her hands on my cheeks forcing me to look at her beautiful smile. She placed a soft kiss against my lips before pulling my grey TS hat off and putting it on her head heading towards the ice. "I can't do this alone." I licked my lips and quickly followed her pulling her quickly onto the ice with me.