Updated Autopsy Report: Part 2

“Wooo!! Good job Edgy-boy!!!” shouted Larry as the gang went out to celebrate after the trial.

“Yeah, yeah….” Huffed Phoenix as he played with the straw to his Pepsi.

It was a week later and thanks to the autospy report, Miles was able to get a guilty verdict. He smirked as he took a sip of wine.

“Now, now, Wright. You’ve have plenty of wins over me. Not everyone you defend is a good person.”

“You should have seen his old lady’s face when we showed up with the warrant, pal!” said Gumshoe

“She probably shit her pants!” said Larry, the two high fiving.

Miles rolled his eyes.

“Isn’t (Y/N) supposed to be coming?” whined Maya “This is too much boy talk, I don’t want to be the only girl here.”

“Oh yeah,” said Nick “She texted me, she’s stuck in traffic.”

Miles was quiet a moment. “…Coroner  (L/N) will be joining us?”

“Yeah I thought it was only fair to invite her.” Said Nick “It was her work that blew the case wide open. Plus she’s super nice and, you know, feels like one of the gang.”

“What gang?”

Wright chuckled and rolled his eyes “Us, Miles, the group that’s sitting here. She’s becoming one of our friends.”

“Hmph.” Scoffed Edgeworth, nose in the air. “We really don’t know her very well…”

“I do!” said Maya “We go shopping and get ramen all the time now! Usually she texts me and not Nick… but I lost my phone.”

“I see her every day, Pal.” Said Dick “She only works 3 floors down from me.

“I see her all the time too!” said Larry. “She made me pancakes the other day.”

“Excuse me?”

Nick laughed “Nothing like that, Edgeworth. She’s rooming with me and Maya until she gets on her feet. Probably just another month or so, she’s really getting herself sorted out… and Larry keeps breaking in and eating all of my damn food”

“Not my fault (Y/N) and Maya cook better thank my girlfriend!”

“I… suppose you do live in a three bedroom flat… that is very…kind of you to open your domicile to someone you barely know.”

Phoenix shrugged “It’s working out and it’s giving me a chance to catch up on bills since we’re splitting everything three ways.”

As if on cue, (Y/N) walked up to their table.

“Sorry I’m late.” She said “I had to finish an Autopsy for another case and then there was an accident on the 105.”

“No worries (Y/N)!” said Larry with a grin. “There’s an empty seat next to Edgy, pop a squat!”

(Y/N) laughed and did. Miles took a drink of his wine, trying to mask the warm feeling in his cheeks. (Y/N) looked at Miles and smiled,

“Congrats, Mr. Edgeworth, your win is all over the news!” “That’s not really anything new, Ms. (L/N) …” he said, not looking at her.  “I’m in the news for my victories quite a bit, given my track record.”

“That’s why he lives in an expensive flat and I share a three bedroom apartment with you and Maya.” Laughed Wright, rolling his eyes.

“Aheh, right on…” said (Y/N) awkwardly, taking a sip of her water. “Have you all ordered?”