Announcement

The Summer sun was just beginning to set when Mia finally drove her car into the driveway of the beautiful yet unassuming home. She gathered up her purse and the groceries she stopped to pickup before walking up to the front door and pushing it open, quickly being greeted by Dodger who was pressed up against her legs begging for scratches.

"Hi Dodge! I'll pet you in a minute when I put this stuff down, bubba," Mia told him as she kept walking and called out, "Chris, hey babe I'm home."

Mia wrinkled up her forehead in confusion when he didn't answer, wondering where he could be. He had texted her a couple hours back and said he was on his way home from the gym and his car was in the driveway so he had to be here somewhere. She just shrugged and kept walking, going to the kitchen and putting the bags on the counter before dropping to her knees and scratching Dodger, causing his tail to wag wildly.

"Hey Chris, are you here?" She called out again once she had stood up and wandered down the hall.

His familiar bearded face popped out of the bedroom, looking down the hall at her and he silently pointed to the phone up to his ear and mouthed, "My manager."

Mia nodded, walking over to him and pressing a soft kiss to his cheek and then left him to his phone call. She grabbed a snack from the kitchen before making herself comfortable on the couch, Dodger snuggling up with her as she turned the TV on and found something she wanted to watch.

It was a little while longer before she felt arms wrapping around her shoulders from over the couch and Chris' beard tickled her skin while he kissed the side of her face. Mia smiled widely and greeted him, "Hi."

"Hi," His voice was low while he effortlessly hopped over the couch to plop onto the empty part of the couch. "How was your class at the rec center?"

"Oh it was so good. Everyone's projects turned out great and they all were really happy about it so that was great," Mia explained, digging around in the clear bag she had to find the gummy bear she wanted to eat. "What was your manager calling about? Usually she only calls in the evening if it's something good or something bad."

"Well she-" Mia held out the bag of gummy bears to offer him some as Chris started to talk while leaning back on the pillow of the couch so she could look at her but he stopped short when he pulled out a small handful of the sugary treat and exclaimed, "What the fuck?"

"What?" Mia asked, tucking her dark hair behind her ears.

"These gummy bears don't have any heads!" His blue eyes were wide.

Mia just shrugged and told him, "I bite off all the heads first to put them out of their misery and then eat the rest."

Hearing her matter-of-fact statement made Chris throw his head back while slapping his hand to his chest and bursting with hysterical laughter. Dodger saw a squirrel and ran over to the window to watch it, letting Mia rest her feet in Chris' lap while he teased her, "You're such a psycho!"

"And you're married to me," She joked right back.

"That's actually what my manager called about..." He trailed off while resting a warm hand on top of her leg. "Apparently when we were out for dinner the other night, someone took our picture and you can see our wedding rings."

Mia's eyebrows rose and replied, "What does she want you to do?"

"Well she thinks I should announce it on twitter because I won't be doing press for anything for a while so it'll give it time to die down," Chris said, trying to read her expression, "How do you feel about that?"

She thought about it for a moment, absentmindedly spinning her ring around her finger before telling him, "It was nice having it secret while it lasted, but I think that's a good idea... but you can't just post a picture without me seeing it first!"

"Well get over here and look through the pictures with me," Chris smiled while giving her hand a gentle tug.

Mia moved so that she was laying her head on his chest, one of his arms wrapped securely around her while the other held his phone where they both could see it and flipped through the photos he had saved on his phone.

"Post this one," Mia laughed, pointing at a picture where she was cross eyed and scrunching her nose up while Chris had his tongue sticking out. "That's super flattering."

"How about this one?" His left eyebrow rose while he smirked and brought up a picture he had taken of her from behind as she painted... completely nude.

She grabbed a few of the gummy bear bodies, popping them into her mouth before looking up at him and giving him a look, "What other photos do you have on there that I don't know about?"

"Just a couple," Chris chuckled through his smirk while he looked at his phone and kept scrolling. "Most of them are of your ass."

Mia rolled her eyes, "Shocker."

The two just laughed before looking through their wedding photos but eventually Chris found a different one and said, "I really love this one a lot."

It was one that Shanna had taken on her iphone, bragging about what a good photographer she could have been. Chris had his hand resting on Mia's cheek, their foreheads touching and their eyes closed. It was the moment right before they had shared a kiss and it was one of Chris' favorite photos of them. It was sweet and tender and it made Chris' heart warm just looking at it.

"I think that one is perfect," She smiled, leaning up to press a kiss to his beard.

He pulled up twitter, uploading the picture and typing out a caption before showing it to Mia. Her eyes filled with tears as she read his simple words, "Mr. and Mrs. Evans. My heart is full of joy."

Chris pressed his lips to the top of her head as he felt her tears drip onto his shirt. Mia wiped at her watery eyes before looking up at him, her voice tender and full of emotion as she said, "I adore you."

"I couldn't be happier that I get to call you my wife," Chris was beaming while he smirked. "Even if you are a weirdo who bites the heads off gummy bears."