i'm sorry but I missed you

Hospitals never felt warm or inviting. It didn't matter that were viewed as a place of healing and helping. The shiny waxed floors made you stare at the worried expression on your face; and the fluorescent lighting illuminated the dark circles underneath your eyes. Nurses and doctors would rush from end of the hall to the other, their shoes squeaking with each quick turn of the heel. You sat in a stiff, cushion chair that was leaning against a wall next to a room that you had no intentions of stepping inside. 

     It didn't take long for you to find out where Yaoyorozu was staying. Many students at your school had spread the news either through texting or word of mouth. You and her weren't close so you didn't think she'd want to see you. But you were there to see Shinso. The dark haired boy who was apparently visiting her everyday. From what you had heard, Yaoyorozu was walking to get food with a friend from the festival when a lowly thug had appeared from a dark alley and tried to pull her in. It was from there that she got hit a couple of times all over her body, leaving her with scratches and bruises. The friend managed to escape and find help. According to Monoma, Yaoyorozu had already identified him to the police who managed to catch him. 

The sound of a door opening pulled you from your thoughts. 

"(Name)?" 

You looked up to see Shinso. His dark circles were worse than yours by far. He wore a dark grey sweater with black sweatpants. In one hand he carried what looked like a cup of coffee.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, his eyes slightly narrowing down on you.

You shifted in your seat nervously before getting up. "I wanted to see if she was doing okay," you lied. "I know a lot of people were visiting her so I was debating if now was a good time."

"Well right now isn't a good time," he shook his head. He closed the door firmly behind him. "She's getting some rest now. I was just leaving actually to give her some space."

"Oh....." you trailed off. "Um, so is she doing better? It's been a few days now so..."

"Yeah, they might discharge her soon. They're keeping her here as a precaution in case that moron who attacked her has any friends."

Shinso motioned for you to follow him. The two of you began walking down the hall towards who knows what. You observed him quietly. 

It had been raining all day so is it really possible that he just showed up without an umbrella?

"Where are we going?" you asked curiously.

"We're leaving," he stated as if it were obvious. 

"But it's raining and you don't have an umbrella...?"

"What? You can't share yours?" 

"No, no. I don't have a problem with that." 

       The two of you soon arrived by the exit. Shinso grabbed your umbrella and opened it up for you. You felt odd. Like he was rushing to get you out of the hospital. Even after the two of you had left, he still walked with a quickened pace. He was silent as well. The only sound between the two of you was the sound of your shoes hitting the wet ground, and the pitter patter of rain on the umbrella. You had wanted to see Shinso to check up on him but yet again you were beginning to feel like that was a mistake. After walking a few blocks down the street, Shinso finally spoke to you. 

"I know you weren't there to see her," he stated. "Why'd you lie to me?"

You almost stopped in your tracks. "It's not like I lied. I was wondering how she was doing. I wanted to be respectful. But....but I wanted to see you more."