Girl Talk

"We need to talk."

The words left your mouth in a rush, similar to how quickly you grabbed Jiro's hand and dragged her back into the cabin. Your friend looked at you confused and worried. Once the two of you were safe inside your room, she began to talk.

"Did something happen? Did that asshole touch you?" she growled.  

Jiro looked ready to storm out of the room and punch Shinso right in the face. 

"Well, uh, y-yes," you stammered. 

"YES!"

"Whoa hold on, calm down," you said. You stood in front of the door blocking her path. You motioned towards your bed. "Please sit down so I can explain everything."

With a sigh, Jiro sat down on the edge of your bed, her arms crossed in front of her chest. You had no idea how you were going to explain to your friend everything that had happened. After you had been caught by Monoma, you knew he had seen you. You could tell through your quirk. All that hurt and betrayal he felt couldn't have been just for nothing. 

"So as you know, me and Shinso were the last ones to get tagged by Monoma," you began. "And he really didn't look happy to see us."

"Yeah I could tell when you guys came back something was up. But I figured he was just pissy that Shinso was near you all that time."

"Well....he saw us.....kiss..."

That last word left your mouth so mumbled and muffled but you knew Jiro heard you anyways.

"What!" she gasped. "You two...?"

You nodded shamefully. You covered your face with your hands, bracing yourself to hear the worst. Jiro was quiet for what seemed like the longest time which was honestly worst than her yelling at you. 

"Whoa, (Name)....I did not expect this," she said astonished. She removed your hands from your face. "Look, I'm not mad at you, okay? I'm just surprised that's all. I didn't think this would happen. You always made it seem like you hated him after what happened last time."

"I acted that way because I was just trying to convince myself that hating him was what he deserved..."

You let out a deep sigh; grabbing a nearby pillow to hold against your chest to comfort yourself. 

"So you still like him, huh?" Jiro said, more aloud to herself than to you. She placed her hand on your back and smoothly rubbed it up and down. "I don't want to make things worse for you but, what about Yaoyorozu?"

And that's what hurt the most. You knew Yaoyorozu was still in the picture. You never forgot, how could you? Even when you and Shinso had shared that kiss in the car, you remembered her deep in the back of your mind. Tears started to prick at the corner of your eyes. But you were tired of crying. It never solved anything for you anyways. 

"I don't know," you mumbled. "I don't know if he still likes her but I do still feel guilty about what I did."

"But they're not technically dating, right?" Jiro attempted to weakly reason. "So you didn't do anything too bad."

You shook your head. "Even if they aren't official, everyone can tell they're definitely messing around with each other. And I think she really likes him, Jiro. I don't want to be some sort of home wrecker or anything."

"You can't be a home wrecker if there was never a home to begin with, (Name)," she scoffed. "She may be into him but he's not into her. I don't know what kinda relationship they have cause it's definitely not my business but I will say this: he doesn't look at her the same way he looks at you."